No announcement yet.

UK is a monarchy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which can have only been a good thing, interestingly some of the more French elements died out pretty fast, or went home
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
      I don't understand this thread.

Do Americans not know that the UK and Canada are constitutional monarchies?
      The UK doesn't have a Constitution.
      In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

• This guy disagrees.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Um, the saxons were German interlopers too. Most people don't realise that William the Conquerer was actually half Breton and that most of his cavalry were Bretons. As William doled oput the spoils of war the cavalry got the lion's share so with his conquest much of the island was returned to celtic rule.
          Right. So the Saxons were the interlopers, but the conquerer was not.

Descent from the conqueror

William I
          .Robert Curthose (1134)
          .Henry I (1135)

His house died by 1135.

Matilda was an Angevin. Were the Angevins 'Celtic'?
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oncle Boris View Post
            The UK doesn't have a Constitution.
            That makes it an absolute monarchy then ey?
            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
              Right. So the Saxons were the interlopers, but the conquerer was not.

Descent from the conqueror

William I
              .Robert Curthose (1134)
              .Henry I (1135)

His house died by 1135.

Matilda was an Angevin. Were the Angevins 'Celtic'?
              The Angevins were descended from Franks, Burgundians and Swabians, so no.
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
              X