• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	cortinasedan.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	259.6 KB
ID:	9095469

1974 Ford Cortina, same horrible colour, without the black vinyl sunroof. Quite possibly the ugliest car I ever owned. But I got it for free from my father to encourage me to keep studying. It was a sales rep's car, Dad bought it from work when they were done with it. Dads' are good like that, thanks for reminding me of the old man's generosity

It was an ugy duckling but went like the clappers or at least it seemed so to me. It had a 3.3 litre 6 cylinder engine, ridiculously overpowered and could beat most cars off at the lights, although most of the time the other car wasn't trying. It also had a very roomy backseat for "studying" with girls. These things are important when you are 17
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

1987 Ford Mustang Hatchback.

Bought one. Fixed it up. Mine was 700. Tranny blew after 6 months, but it was my first car.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Ben, I don't mean to diss your car, looks neat, but if you look carefully it seems to be two halves welded together at the door line, a common trick for salvaging wrecks by unscrupulous autoshops. Did you ever check for welds under the car on the chassis?
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Horse, that's actually what the 87 Mustang looked like. Ford couldn't decide whether to go economy or muscle; the resulting design was neither.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Tks JR, I can see that now, maybe one team of designers started at the front and the other at the back and they met in the middle

But still a lot better than my first car.

Comment

Horse, that's actually what the 87 Mustang looked like. Ford couldn't decide whether to go economy or muscle; the resulting design was neither.
              Ain't that the truth. Fun to drive, but looked like ****.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Did you ever check for welds under the car on the chassis?
                Mine had been left out for a long time. Needed a lot of work on it. Battery, starter, alternator were replaced. I was informed after selling it - that the transmission had been fully rebuilt and it's apparently still running today. Same engine. Engine was a tank.

Comment

cool to build your first car Ben

Comment

There's mine.

Comment

Name:	366118.jpg
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	9095479
                      1975 Mercedes 280. Mine was dark green.
                      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

stylish

Comment

Name:	1969-pontiac-parisienne-convertible_5090333.jpg
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	9095482
                          Similar to this, but a darker 'matador' red. I bought it used.
                          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

'91 Chevy Corsica. Same color, different wheels. Had the V6. Was a lot of fun to drive. Wasn't really mine ... but ... it was.

The first vehicle I legally owned in my name. Suzuki Multicab. No idea what year. Not that it'd matter ... it's been torn apart and put together at least once, bodywork completely redone at least twice. Lifted and "aftermarket" wheels. 4WD and 660CC. Can go/fit just about anywhere.

Comment

HC: What'd you doooooo?!
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]174260[/ATTACH]
                                1975 Mercedes 280. Mine was dark green.
                                Ah, the Car all Dictators drove
                                Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Working...
                                X