Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• then they will find a scapegoat, Iran, N. Korea or the Tea party

Comment

• Still nothing about how did this. In other news yesterday some anti-government nut in Orange County, CA blew himself up while trying to make home made pipe bombs (which might or might not have been like the ones used in the tax day bombing) while in D.C. some nutjob mailed a letter with powder ricin in it to Sen. Wicker (R-MS). I honestly don't know anything about Sen. Wicker other than he was one of the first Republicans to cross the aisle and call for comprehensive immigration reform (what the right wing in America claim is "amnesty").
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
        So what happens if the investigation doesn't turn up anything and nobody claims responsibility?
        If noone claims responsibility that might suggest state sponsored terrorism - if you think about it, nutjobs like the uni-bomber want the notoriety and terror groups want the publicity but states want to cause problems without retaliation. My picks would be Iran, Syria or North Korea, all of which have a long record of using or supporting terrorist activity to further their foreign policy aims.
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Not sure how this would help them in any way.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Me either, but the trouble is it is very hard to get inside the mindset of loony regimes, and the terrorist organisations they support also free lance, so control is a problem.

Another alternative would be an embittered individual - for some reason Mitt Romney sprang to mind
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

• Yeah, I'm going to go with Mitt as well until we get more evidence.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• I was thinking Alex Jones.

Comment

• I hope those firefighters and police officers in Boston are not union paid.
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Is Alex Jones that pratt on CNN? Yes, you might be onto something Doc

I was thinking of Piers Morgan..
                    Last edited by Alexander's Horse; April 16, 2013, 21:43.

Comment

• I still think it might be Oscar Pistorius or his people.

Have they completely ruled out spontaneous combustion? Boston is famous for baked beans...
                      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• revenge for Boston Tea Party? That brings us back to Piers Morgan doesn't it
                        Last edited by Alexander's Horse; April 16, 2013, 21:44.

Comment

• That troll-looking guy from the Southern Poverty Law Center had some interesting points. The bombs didn't target a particular minority group or government building. It didn't target gays. Aside from April 15th being tax day, it really wasn't much of a symbolic target for extreme right-wing hate groups. I have to agree. He left open the possibility that it could be domestic inspired by jihadi... or just some lone wolf nutcase.

I'm leaning towards random crazy person.

BTW, the conservative victim crew is really having a ****fit. Aside from the usual dopes here, Hannity was going nuts about Barney Frank and Steny Hoyer. He condemned the wild speculation... and then in the next sentence, wildly speculated that it might be Al Qaeda.

Go figure.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Hannity is an expert in wild speculation

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
                              Is Alex Jones that pratt on CNN? Yes, you might be onto something Doc

I was thinking of Piers Morgan..
                              He is an absolutely insane right wing conspiracy theorist who is beloved by a certain sigment of the American far right. Think doomsday preppers, Glenn Beck listeners, extreme libertarians, the anti-federal reserve "gold nut" conspiracy theorists, and of course the armed right wing militia groups who seek a revolution. Some of the militia guys just want to "take their America back" in some sort of armed revolution to create their ideolized right wing paradise while another large slice of them are white supremacists dreaming of a race war so they can "purify" the US by killing everyone they don't like.

BTW Doc's talk about Alex Jones might not be that far fetched but there is no hard evidence to back it up as yet. Jones has be screaming about the Newtown mass shooting some how being a "false flag attack" where Obama secretly ordered it and had it carried out in some vast conspiracy to steal everyone's guns. I'm not making this **** up. Further more Alex Jones and other right wing extremist media personalities have been claiming all the Sandy Hook school shooting victims are still alive and that the grieving families are all just liars and paid actors; so they've really smeared those poor families calling them traitors and demonizing them in every way possible.

It just so happens that the final mile of the Boston Marathon, where the bombing actually took place, was dedicated to the victims of the Sandy Hook mass shooting, several of the Sandy Hook families were on hand, and the event was raising money for both Sandy Hook victims as well as money to lobby for stronger gun control measures. Yes, I can see a possible motivation there for an Alex Jones style raving right wing extremist but as I said we'll have to wait to see what the investigation brings.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• If it's a random crazy person, he could be next to impossible to track down.
                                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                                X