Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explosions at Boston Marathon

More shortly
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Two huge blasts rock Boston Marathon finish line
    Monday, April 15, 2013
    PrintEmail Comments (0)
    By:
    Jordan Graham

Two huge explosions rocked the Boston Marathon finish line at Copley Square just before 3 p.m. today, apparently causing numerous casualties.

“I saw two explosions. The first one was beyond the finish line. I heard a loud bang and I saw smoke rising,” said Herald reporter Chris Cassidy, who was running in the marathon.“I kept running and I heard behind me a loud bang. It looked like it was in a trash can or something. That one was in front of Abe and Louie’s. There are people who have been hit with debris, people with bloody foreheads.”

“There are at least a dozen that seem to be injured in some way,” Cassidy said.

Comment

2 Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line

By JIMMY GOLEN AP Sports Writer
      BOSTON April 15, 2013 (AP)

Two explosions shattered the euphoria of the Boston Marathon finish line on Monday, sending authorities out on the course to carry off the injured while the stragglers in the 26.2-mile trek from Hopkinton were rerouted away from the smoking site of the blasts.

Competitors and race organizers were crying as they fled the chaos. Bloody spectators were being carried to the medical tent that had been set up to care for fatigued runners.

"There are a lot of people down," said one man, whose bib No. 17528 identified him as Frank Deruyter of North Carolina. He was not injured, but marathon workers were carrying one woman, who did not appear to be a runner, to the medical area as blood gushed from her leg. A Boston police officer was wheeled from the course with a leg injury that was bleeding.

About three hours after the winners crossed the line, there was a loud explosion on the north side of Boylston Street, just before the photo bridge that marks the finish line. Another thunderous explosion could be heard a few seconds later.

Runner Laura McLean of Toronto said she heard two explosions outside the medical tent.

"There are people who are really, really bloody," McLean said. "They were pulling them into the medical tent."

Cherie Falgoust was waiting for her husband, who was running the race.

"I was expecting my husband any minute," she said. "I don't know what this building is ... it just blew. Just a big bomb, a loud boom, and then glass everywhere. Something hit my head. I don't know what it was. I just ducked."

Comment

Seems like a very strange target. I hope its not related to Tax Day (and Boston Tea Party).
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.â€
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Oh god. Two minutes after the report and already a CONSERVATIVE JACKBOOTS!!! theory...can we not?

Any reports on how many dead/injured?
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Seems like the timing would be wrong for a terrorist plot. Wouldn't you do it earlier? I won't be surprised if it turns out to be a gas explosion.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
              Oh god. Two minutes after the report and already a CONSERVATIVE JACKBOOTS!!! theory...can we not?

Any reports on how many dead/injured?
              What? That doesn't make any sense. Imran's not suggesting it was CONSERVATIVE JACKBOOTS... more like some crazy whacko on the order of the Unabomber if it is related to tax day.

From what I saw, no dead yet, just injuries, though some serious ("some lost limbs").
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

That would derail HC's victim mentality .

Oh, and it was a half hour after, if it makes you feel any better.

Yeah, so far no reports of fatalities and yeah, some really weird timing. One things that if one was trying to create terror, they'd have done it when the winners were crossing.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.â€
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Comment

This just goes to show how weak President Obama is with national security.
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I'm really torn on just who to blame. Obama or Bush. Oh the decisions.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                        That would derail HC's victim mentality .

Oh, and it was a half hour after, if it makes you feel any better.

Yeah, so far no reports of fatalities and yeah, some really weird timing. One things that if one was trying to create terror, they'd have done it when the winners were crossing.
                        What victim mentality? I'm just appalled at your immediate reaction to say "oh could it be domestic republican terrorists!?!"

Also fox is reporting at least 3 deaths
                        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Blame Canada.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                            What victim mentality? I'm just appalled at your immediate reaction to say "oh could it be domestic republican terrorists!?!"
                            I fail to see why this is such an appalling reaction.
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                              Seems like a very strange target. I hope its not related to Tax Day (and Boston Tea Party).
                              My first thought was Islamic terrorists but the date seems to make it more likely that domestic right wing extremists are involved. I guess we'll have to wait for more info.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X