• you could build a crude little zip gun
    it's not hard
    you just need something that can act as a firing pin
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
      we may never know

thats the worst outcome i think
      Supposedly they have one of the IEDs which didn't explode so there is some evidence out there. Then there are all the video surveillance tapes to be gone through as well as eye witnesses to question. If it was set off via a cellphone then they should be able to at least see what phone number called the phone fixed to the bomb. It's not a lost cause.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Late news from the Associate Press:

WBZ-TV reported late Monday that law enforcement officers were searching an apartment in the Boston suburb of Revere. Massachusetts State Police confirmed that a search warrant related to the investigation into the explosions was served Monday night in Revere but provided no further details.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• whoever they arrest is going to get some fat cockmeat sandwiches
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
            These are all very general ideas. I could explain to you how a gun works, but I couldn't build one. I could explain how an internal combustion engine works, but I couldn't build one. Same with this.

Hmmmm...just like you with sex

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
              Supposedly they have one of the IEDs which didn't explode so there is some evidence out there. Then there are all the video surveillance tapes to be gone through as well as eye witnesses to question. If it was set off via a cellphone then they should be able to at least see what phone number called the phone fixed to the bomb. It's not a lost cause.
              A couple of bombs were found and defused very quickly according to media reports, if true, this suggests there is some solid intel out there that could hopefully lead to an early arrest.

No jihadist group seems to have claimed it so far, which is unusual for them and suggests other assailants.
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• This marathon was dedicated to the victims of Sandy Hook. In fact there was a viewing area reserved for Sandy Hook survivors close to where the bombs went off, so I'm wondering if the bombing was meant as a protest to the recent attempts at tightening gun control.
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
                  A couple of bombs were found and defused very quickly according to media reports, if true, this suggests there is some solid intel out there that could hopefully lead to an early arrest.

No jihadist group seems to have claimed it so far, which is unusual for them and suggests other assailants.
                  Or when the crowd ran off screaming police noticed objects lying on the ground and discovered what were probably duds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
                    Damn!
                    I think I have a pic of this kid, I don't want to post it.
                    I thought it was just a short person.
                    Yes, I'm pretty sure that the boy being examined by the EMT is deceased. The background story is that his mother and sister were also injured. They were wating for his father to finish the race. I note that there appears to be a circle of people with their legs blown off in some of the other pics that include him. They must have been standing next to the bomb.

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                      Hmmm... you seem to know a little too much about bomb making... very suspicious...
                      Yes and he also happens to be a right wing extremist nutjob - I think Obama should send him to Gitmo.
                      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post

Their response is funny though:

"Certainly, America is our target and we will attack the U.S. and its allies whenever the [Pakistani Taliban] finds the opportunity, but we are not involved in this attack," Ehsan said.

Yeah, kinda looking homegrown, though we don't know for sure...

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                          Gays probably did it.
                          That's bitter and twisted, but I like it.

Perhaps it's British Unionists bombing a source of Irish Republican funding. Perhaps it's crazy Aryan Nation separatists. Perhaps it's a single mad white male.

There was a case about 70-80 years ago of a bomber in New York city ? who achieved orgasm by planting bombs in public places. Oh and a Czech or Austrian chap who managed it through derailing trains.

Just for info.
                          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• I was wondering if it was a parochial gun nut group who wanted to show that banning guns won't stop wanton acts of mass violence.
                            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• I was just happy to hear from my daughter. She was about a block away from the explosion when it went off. They were cheering for a friend that was running. Her friend finished about a minute before the bombs went off and was just far enough away to avoid injury.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Wow. Kinda puts things into perspective - glad they're both safe!

Comment

Working...
                                X