No announcement yet.

Two brothers, two stories - isn't it great having siblings?! Suggestions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think I ever sent my dad an email like this, so if I ever had a stupid fight with my brothers, it was in person. The worst I ever did was fight over a videogame.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
      Richard Dawkins of the Jesuit school so much.
      Oh god, that was me for a while. *shudder* Luckily I was never in an actual religious school, but I was a **** to people who believed in god.

Eventually I realized that arguing about religion is utterly pointless and that it didn't really matter if I was right.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
        I'm not sure how I feel about posting letters that my kids write here. And I'm like the worst dad ever. I even got the mug.
        I have proudly adopted the nickname "crap Dad" after they accused me of insensitivity.

Nic got 23/25 for a recent ancient history essay on the Trojan wars. I reminded him that "crap Dad" had taken him to Agememnon's tomb.
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

I just flew into Guam and was greeted by these messages on my hotmail:

First from Nic (16) who, amongst other things, enjoys pressing Dom's buttons:

Then this from Dom (14), which I actually read first and got totally lost in his gibbering. Dom is now prone to emotional meltdowns, a classic below takes after his mother:

Mr Hogan is the school principal. This is their first night home after another term at boarding school.

Gah it's fun being a Dad Dom's writing has improved, almost coherent. Shades of early Albert Speer in there
          Guam has no sweatshops ? Either a taste of peonage or foster care, with you & your wife living the life of Reilly on the savings. Concentrate their mental workings marvellously.

Not remote relations of Bryan Ferry, par chance ? His 2 sons' emails seem not to benefit grammarwise from Eton's expensive teaching...
          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Eton, the fees might explain the Roxy music compilations that are constantly being knocked out.

Mine go to this pile on Sydney harbour, which keeps me on the road to various hellholes.

Saint Ignatius’ College Riverview is a Catholic boarding and day school in the Jesuit tradition that has been providing young men with a holistic education since 1880. Boys from Years 5 to 12 are afforded a high quality education and vast co-curricular options, with boarding beginning in Year 7. Informed by the spirit of Saint Ignatius of Loyola and grounded in values of justice, service, discernment, conscience and compassion, the College aims to produce young men who are cognisant of and responsive to global citizenship in a rapidly changing world.
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Eton, the fees might explain the Roxy music compilations that are constantly being knocked out.

Mine go to this pile on Sydney harbour, which keeps me on the road to various hellholes.

http://www.riverview.nsw.edu.au/
              If I were you, I'd be asking for your money back re their English teaching!
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Oh I don't know, they are both showing a handy turn of phrase - the "lost my lid" metaphor is pretty good

Comment

I'm glad that my parents and I didn't email with each other when I was a teenager.
                  <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

cool that they do huh

also will help with wedding reception entertainment

Comment

Most of the emotional tomfoolery during my teenaged years was between my older brother and my dad, because they're both stubborn and opinionated. At my brother's college graduation he got into another stupid argument with my dad over who knows what. He was driving back to his fraternity with me and his future wife in the car, and he said "I don't understand why I'm always fighting with dad and you're not." I replied "That's because whenever you try to get into an argument with me I just let you win, and dad isn't willing to do that." My brother said "That can't be true," and his future wife said "No, it's true, I do the same thing whenever you try to argue with me." And that's the day that my brother learned that he needed to stop being a douchebag.

Comment

yeah sounds like you have a good family - sometimes it's more important to keep the lines of communication open

I get all sorts of messages from my family, which I wouldn't post here, but hey at least they are writing

Comment

because they're both stubborn and opinionated
                          Gosh, never saw that coming.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

yeah sounds like you have a good family - sometimes it's more important to keep the lines of communication open
                            My great-grandfather and his twin brother didn't speak to each other for decades because they got into a fight over somethingoranother. Then they wound up being buried right next to each other because they'd bought neighboring plots before they had their feud. My grandfather didn't even know that he'd had an uncle until they buried his father.

Comment

The first banner that appeared when I clicked the 'riverview' link said, "Finding God in All Things". Remind them that the Jebbies are not allowed to probe them while looking for God.
                              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

to show their humility they haven't included photos of their location on Sydney harbour, or the extensive rowing sheds, pip! pip!

Comment

Working...
                                X