• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troll hard or go home.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

A commenter on RPS gave perhaps the most accurate review of Bioshock Infinite yet:

It’s the same wildly overrated, plothole-ridden, contrived garbage critics are falling over each other to praise in a bizarre mass-delusional fit. Bioshock Infinite boldly tackles such deep philosophical notions as “racism is bad” and “perhaps extremists of all kinds are wrong” and garners praise like it’s ****ing Citizen Kane. I mean I know videogames have abysmal writing but that doesn’t mean you have to praise this mediocre, self-important trash to high heavens.

Especially when the game itself has awful gameplay. Have you actually tried to play this pile? You fight the same 3 enemies for 8 hours, you can’t carry more than two weapons at a time and it features the most tedious bulletsponge enemies since, well, Bioshock 1. Also, you literally cannot die.

What makes all this even more hypocritical is that I bet most of the people crying tears of joy over what a masterpiece of Fine Art this game are the first to **** on games like Call of Duty when it’s essentially the same thing: a short, linear, asset and narrative-driven single player shooter with no replay value.

There is one mechanic that the game got right though: it rewards you for eating garbage you find in trashcans. So if nothing else, the game knows its audience.
      BRAVO
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Harsh.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Just beat this game, and I think it ****ing sucked.

I really enjoyed it for the first 6 hours or so...then as it got to the end, it got into enemies spam with bad guys who take way too many hits to kill. I found myself getting completely bored during the firefights. The graveyard fight was about the point where I said "what the **** am I playing?" And the whole skyline thing disappeared for like five levels. Also, I did not see the ending coming, but I thought it was pretty stupid. Honestly, I think it would have been better if they'd just gone the traditional happily-ever-after route instead of their stupid noble sacrifice ****.
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Bittersweet endings happen so much now to subvert what would otherwise be happy endings to make things "deep" and un-cliche that it has become the new cliche.

FC3: Blood Dragon is awesome because it embraces the cliches for how awesome they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
              A commenter on RPS gave perhaps the most accurate review of Bioshock Infinite yet:

BRAVO
              It tackled more themes than those ...

The game's plot was solid (certainly better than most movies), and I'm glad I played it instead of watching Citizen Kane.

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                I loved the ending. Probably the most satisfying game ending I've seen since KOTOR 2.
                Just saw this post. QFT.
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                X