New York paper posts names and addresses of gun owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
    As I said, cars have a purpose, guns doesn't. If anything can be done to prevent car killings, fine (and there are certainly things that can be done). Removing guns from the public are a easy way to stop meaningless killings.
    Removing guns wouldn't make a blip in our death stats, compared to all the people who die from heart disease and cancer. It's like eradicating sharks to make swimming safer, you're far more likely to drown than be eaten.

I did, but you apparently wasn't bright enough to get the message.
    You didn't address my question. Do people have a right to know if their neighbor has a communicable disease? That's a yes or no question, and you never gave a straight answer.
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Vote for Obama - he at least want to do something
      Is he going to lock up the doctors?

Comment

• felch,

Why should it matter if people die from car accidents? That doesn't have anything to do with preventing gun related deaths.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• It matters because people behave irrationally in the face of extremely unlikely events. If you're concerned about kids, do something about the real dangers they face. Children are much more likely to be killed by mundane dangers like backyard swimming pools than by a gun in the house, but retards fixate on the scary gun. Rates of childhood obesity and diabetes are rising, but instead of addressing our twisted agriculture policy, politicians want to target AR15s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Felch View Post
            Guns kill far fewer people in accidents than cars.
            Okay, man up and use your head for once in a gun thread.

Let's look at comparable metrics.

1) How many people die per trip of a car?
            2) How many people die per use of a gun?
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
              felch,

Why should it matter if people die from car accidents? That doesn't have anything to do with preventing gun related deaths.
              It's part of the delusion of gun owners. They can't think rationally about the use of firearms. It's just what they're driven to want to do. Shoot ****.

It's a neanderthal passion, but hey - we have mostly evolved from the neanderthal way of life. Some countries more than others. You can tell which countries haven't evolved by looking at murder rates.

Keep thinking your murder rate has nothing to do with ready access to guns.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Removing guns wouldn't make a blip in our death stats, compared to all the people who die from heart disease and cancer. It's like eradicating sharks to make swimming safer, you're far more likely to drown than be eaten.
                You are quite amusing - comparing natural death with murder by guns.

You didn't address my question. Do people have a right to know if their neighbor has a communicable disease? That's a yes or no question, and you never gave a straight answer.
                Stop being an idiot - I gave a straight answer - who cares about curable diseases compared to immedient death to gunshots ?
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I missed this.

You think we have good health care?

Doctors kill more Americans than guns do.
                  I take it you failed your statistics courses, which is why you ended up in something artsy?

Comment

You are quite amusing - comparing natural death with murder by guns.
                    There's nothing natural about the food that most Americans eat. Processed junk food is far deadlier than guns.

Stop being an idiot - I gave a straight answer - who cares about curable diseases compared to immedient death to gunshots ?
                    So I have no right to know if my neighbor is exposing my family to TB?

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                      I take it you failed your statistics courses, which is why you ended up in something artsy?
                      WTF? 225,000 iatrogenic deaths versus 30,000 gun deaths. 225,000 > 30,000

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                      Okay, man up and use your head for once in a gun thread.

Let's look at comparable metrics.

1) How many people die per trip of a car?
                      2) How many people die per use of a gun?
                      Per use of a gun? You mean like each round fired? I don't even know how many billions of rounds are fired each year in the U.S. I don't even know where to get that sort of information.

Remember, there are about twice as many guns in the U.S. than cars. Hundreds of millions of guns are never used to kill anybody (supposedly their only purpose). Even trained soldiers serving in combat fire hundreds of thousands of rounds for every kill.

Comment

There's nothing natural about the food that most Americans eat. Processed junk food is far deadlier than guns.
                        Who cares if someone want to commit suicide eating the american way - that only hurts other people if they get so fat that they crash down to those unfortuntely living underneath. While immense fatness can be considered a weapon of mass destruction, it still doesn't match guns.

So I have no right to know if my neighbor is exposing my family to TB?
                        I might be wrong, but I think that there already are laws and regulations that makes you safe on this issue.
                        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Who cares if someone want to commit suicide eating the american way - that only hurts other people if they get so fat that they crash down to those unfortuntely living underneath. While immense fatness can be considered a weapon of mass destruction, it still doesn't match guns.
                          So you're not actually concerned about preserving life? You're not worried about government policies that subsidize unhealthy food and make it harder for low income families to eat healthy vegetables? And we can ignore the 60% of gun deaths that are suicides?

I might be wrong, but I think that there already are laws and regulations that makes you safe on this issue.
                          There are laws and regs that "make us safe" from guns too (as if TB cares about laws). But if I have a right to know if my neighbor has a gun, I sure as **** have a right to know if he's got a communicable disease. After all, privacy means nothing to you, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                            This is the only reasonable thing you've said in that past 30 years.

Also, circa 2000 Jennifer Connelly, rather than today's. If there is one thing I'll do before I die, I will solve the mystery of Jennifer Connelly's disappearing boobs.
                            Ben likes eyebrows. That is all
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

It would be much more helpful to show people where the local McDonald's are so they can avoid the much more real danger of an unhealthy diet.
                              Yellowpages and Google already provide this service. Even if they didn't though, McDonald's willingly posts their addresses publicly on the internet and even take out media ads which can help people locate them. They are such good members of society that they even mark their buildings with signs using bright colors that stand for 'danger' and 'caution'.

It is obvious that McDonald's cares more about public safety and the freedom to choose than gun owners do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                                It's a neanderthal passion, but hey - we have mostly evolved from the neanderthal way of life.
                                Neanderthals never shot anyone with guns. Clearly homo sapiens were the more violent (or at least better at being violent) species. You should say "homo passion" or "homo way of life"

Comment

Working...
                                X