Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Slowwy! You should be proud of your daughter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
    You can't keep people locked up in medieval times? I find that hard to believe.
    How are you going to transport them to medieval times? Wayback machine?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
      How are you going to transport them to medieval times? Wayback machine?
      You can reach Medieval Times by car.

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
        Please explain to my ignorant self. Are you saying that the catholic church was following ungodly teachings for much of its existence?
        Not that Ben will ever say it, but basically yes. The Church (Catholic, Protestant, Orthodox, whoever) has definitely erred in the past, substituting its will for God's. Heck, Popes have even apologized for the actions of the Church (didn't John Paul II apologize for the Spanish Inquisition?)
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I bought my daughter and boyfriend tickets to there. I keep intending to go.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• The Catholic Church?
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Why would you care about the preachings of a heretic? Does a sense of irony forgive other sins?
              Given that he was executed for being a heretic, yes, I would think his preachings are relevant.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Not that Ben will ever say it, but basically yes. The Church (Catholic, Protestant, Orthodox, whoever) has definitely erred in the past, substituting its will for God's. Heck, Popes have even apologized for the actions of the Church (didn't John Paul II apologize for the Spanish Inquisition?)
                Being a Lutheran means maintaining this idea while using scripture that the Catholic church put together, accepting the creeds, and using the Fathers of the church which were preserved for 1500 years before God finally blessed the world with his True Church.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• That being the Mormons.

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Nerd alert.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                      Given that he was executed for being a heretic, yes, I would think his preachings are relevant.
                      Think about what you just said idiot. So if he'd have been preaching that forced sodomy was blessed in gods eye, it would have been ok to rape him? Either your lot believe in capital punishment or they don't, and given that they spent centuries executing people for pretty trivial reasons (like every other country in Europe at the time) it's pretty safe to say that their anti-capital punishment position is pretty new. Especially as it was legal in Vatican City until 1969.

Comment

• Think about what you just said idiot. Do if he'd have been preaching that forced sodomy was blessed in gods eye, it would have been ok to rape him? Either your lot believe in capital punishment or they don't, and given that they spent centuries executing people for pretty trivial reasons (like every other country in Europe at the time) it's pretty safe to say that their anti-capital punishment position is pretty new. Especially as it was legal in Vatican City until 1969.
                        I don't regard preaching killing people will cleanse them from their sins as 'trivial', but apparently you do.

Comment

I don't regard preaching killing people will cleanse them from their sins as 'trivial', but apparently you do.
                          Compared to being castrated, torn apart and the peices burned, sure. What you should have pointed at was his active part in killing innocent people, but I do understand that you care more about heresy than real people. Your argument still doesn't stand however. Either you're against capital punishment or you aren't.

Comment

• Compared to being castrated, torn apart and the peices burned, sure. What you should have pointed at was his active part in killing innocent people, but I do understand that you care more about heresy than real people. Your argument still doesn't stand however. Either you're against capital punishment or you aren't.
                            Heresy kills souls.

Comment

Heresy kills souls.
                              So basically you're for capital punishment for people who say things you don't agree with? You sure America was a wise choice to move to?

Comment

• Ben is just demonstrating that Catholics really don't give a crap about free speech after all. I'm glad America's founders didn't declare "heresy kills souls" and decide to torture and execute people with the wrong opinions.

Comment

Working...
                                X