No announcement yet.

Congressman: I'm against abortion except for my wife and/or mistress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We who are pro-choice are attacking this anti-choice person not because he's not anti-choice enough, but because he attacks pro-choice people for their position on abortion while privately supporting abortion for the women in his life.

We're attacking his hypocrisy, not because he's not anti-choice enough.
    And I'm attacking Dinner's hypocrisy in calling someone out for something that he does himself. If Dinner wants some credibility on this issue, he's welcome to become prolife.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I'm trying to get through your thick skull.
      Dinner hooked you good.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        And I'm attacking Dinner's hypocrisy in calling someone out for something that he does himself. If Dinner wants some credibility on this issue, he's welcome to become prolife.
        You don't have to change your position on abortion to anti-choice, in order to attack the hypocrisy of someone who is anti-choice.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

You don't have to change your position on abortion to anti-choice, in order to attack the hypocrisy of someone who is anti-choice.
          So you're saying that I could call pro abortion people out for not being pro abortion enough?

Comment

So you're saying that I could call pro abortion people out for not being pro abortion enough?
            That's not my point.

Comment

First sentence.
              Then your reading comprehension skills are sadly lacking.

He is criticizing him for not "practising what he preaches". If you seriously can't see the difference, then I feel sorry for you.
              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

First sentence.
                What he's saying, is that this is another instance of a politician telling people :

'Do as I say; not as I do'- or hypocrisy, as it's commonly known.

If you can't understand that, you need a refresher class in English comprehension.
                Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

There is only one class Ben needs:
                  To lie on a road somewhere dying of thirst and asking a godless, go-straight-to-hell homosexual for water.
                  "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

That's not my point.
                    You're right. Your point is that your side can call out people for doing things that they themselves love to do, but the other side cannot. Some people call that 'hypocrisy'.

Comment

He is criticizing him for not "practising what he preaches". If you seriously can't see the difference, then I feel sorry for you.
                      And yet Dinner himself does the exact same thing. How can you call someone out when they do something you yourself do?

Comment

BK, let's say a man who supported gay rights beat up gay people. Would you call him a hypocrite? More importantly would you condem someone who criticised you for calling him a hypocrite?
                        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

And yet Dinner himself does the exact same thing. How can you call someone out when they do something you yourself do?
                          DINNER IS NOT CRITICIZING THE GUY FOR DOING WHAT HE SUPPORTS!!

Comment

Those letters aren't big enough
                            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I personally don't care if people get abortions but if they get abortions while advocating laws to force other people to not have them, I have a problem with their hypocrisy. That shouldn't be difficult to understand.

Comment

BK, let's say a man who supported gay rights beat up gay people. Would you call him a hypocrite? More importantly would you condem someone who criticised you for calling him a hypocrite?
                                What we've got here, is a man who claims to support gay rights, going around and beating up gay people being called out by someone who also beats up on gay people. It sorta loses the impact. "Do as I say, not as I do."

Comment

Working...
                                X