No announcement yet.

Congressman: I'm against abortion except for my wife and/or mistress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last I checked, Dinner supports abortion. What do we call people who attack other people for doing something that they themselves do?
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

1. Dinner is not attacking Desjarlais for his actions, but rather, for his hypocrisy in running on an anti-abortion platform. Thus, despite your misleadingly simplistic false suggestion, Dinner is not being a hypocrite in this regard.
      2. Regardless, you are suggesting a blatantly false dichotomy. The beliefs of the accuser are irrelevant in examining hypocrisy in the accused.

Desjarlais is a doctor who encouraged abortions for both his wife and his mistress. That is the relevant fact here.

The real question is, why aren't you attacking Desjarlais, Ben? Do you support him just because he's another pro-life vote in Congress?
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        Last I checked, Dinner supports abortion. What do we call people who attack other people for doing something that they themselves do?
        Do you really think anyone is going to fall for that?
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

1. Dinner is not attacking Desjarlais for his actions, but rather, for his hypocrisy in running on an anti-abortion platform. Thus, despite your misleadingly simplistic false suggestion, Dinner is not being a hypocrite in this regard.
          Then I don't see the complaint. Dinner should be happy that you have another pro-abort take up the cause.

2. Regardless, you are suggesting a blatantly false dichotomy. The beliefs of the accuser are irrelevant in examining hypocrisy in the accused.
          Isn't the whole point, "the measure you use will be measured to you"? Dinner needs to look in a mirror.

Desjarlais is a doctor who encouraged abortions for both his wife and his mistress. That is the relevant fact here.
          If we are to believe Dinner - this is perfectly a-ok by him.

The real question is, why aren't you attacking Desjarlais, Ben?
          I prefer to attack people who actually have prolife support - people like Mitt Romney who lie to prolifers.

Do you support him just because he's another pro-life vote in Congress?
          I can truthfully say until this thread, I'd never heard of the man. As far as I'm concerned - he's just another pro-abort. No news there. I suppose I might feel more violated had I actually believed he was prolife in the first place.

No, the purpose of this thread is to form a lynch mob getting prolifers to apologize to dinner. Some here are bright enough not to play Dinner's game. Others? Not so much.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Do you really think anyone is going to fall for that?
            Dinner's doing what we call 'forced consensus'. It's actually not that complicated. He's trying to shore up all the pro-abortion people here by getting them to post, I hate 'prolifers' even more than you!

Exhibit A - look at what's happening to someone who doesn't play along with Dinner's game - all the proaborts here are trying to call me out on my prolife creds.

As for you, I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish. Do you really hope that by currying favour here that you'll gain status and credibility?

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post

The real question is, why aren't you attacking Desjarlais, Ben? Do you support him just because he's another pro-life vote in Congress?
              QFT

A pro-choice person is perfectly free to challenge an anti-choice person's blatant hypocrisy.
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

An obese person is perfectly free to challenge another person's exercise regimen.
                Well said, Fun.

Comment

You really have no clue...
                  Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Well, what I don't understand is where someone who is pro abortion gets the right to call out someone for not being 'prolife' enough. Really? I don't think so.

Comment

Well said, Fun.
                      Its funny you think this is you winning the argument. cus yes an obese person can have a good knowledge of diet and exercise.

Comment

Well, what I don't understand is where someone who is pro abortion gets the right to call out someone for not being 'prolife' enough. Really? I don't think so.
                        I wish I could use crayons and small words for you, so you can better understand. But let me try another way.

We who are pro-choice are attacking this anti-choice person not because he's not anti-choice enough, but because he attacks pro-choice people for their position on abortion while privately supporting abortion for the women in his life.

We're attacking his hypocrisy, not because he's not anti-choice enough.
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

What I don't understand is why you insist that that is the case, even after being told where you are wrong. Please quote exactly where Dinner criticizes DesJarlais for not being prolife enough.
                          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

As for you, I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish. Do you really hope that by currying favour here that you'll gain status and credibility?

I'm trying to get through your thick skull.
                            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Its funny you think this is you winning the argument. cus yes an obese person can have a good knowledge of diet and exercise.
                              Ok, fine then. How about Albie providing dating advice?

Comment

What I don't understand is why you insist that that is the case, even after being told where you are wrong. Please quote exactly where Dinner criticizes DesJarlais for not being prolife enough.
                                First sentence.

feels the laws he is trying to push on to everyone else really shouldn't apply to him

Comment

Working...
                                X