What's the real difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
    Given Ben's obsession with five guys and in 'n out I did a google search and found this recent blog post interesting.

[/h]http://kirknoggins.blogspot.com/2012...ies-sucks.html
    That's an awful comparison, I'd much rather eat a home made burger than one from anywhere else.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      I think that's the first thanks I've ever handed out to JR. Also congrats on the asskicking in FF.
      Again, take the Fantasy bull**** elsewhere.

ACK!

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
        How did a thread about Michelin stars end up with yet another rant about ****ing burger joints? Americans..
        Because most people could give to ****s about Michelin stars.

ACK!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
          Because most people could give to ****s about Michelin stars.

ACK!
          Yet still feel the need to post in a thread about Michelin stars, even when there's another thread on the front page about crappy burgers..

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
            I always get my steaks medium well; I don't like rare meat at all.
            Oerdin is the idiot with no taste? You've outed yourself ONCE AGAIN as having clearly unrefined and down right abominable taste.
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Rare meat has more flavor but I don't like the texture.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                Amazing how an argument over an over-priced fast food chain can turn so nasty.
                Funny how that works out as soon as Oerdin weighs in on the topic.

Coincidence.
                "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom View Post
                  Or the Italians and French and Belgians and British... steak tartare is quite popular in other countries. But then, so are chicken's feet and fish lips. And water scorpions and snake's blood.

Chacun a son gout...

There may be good and valid reasons for that dish in those countries. Still pretty dicey to eat uncooked beef, but if you are confident in the people who handled the meat from abattoir to plate then fill your boots.

The rare burger thing in the US is a bit different. The first time I heard of it was ~30 years ago and it was the sort of people who shop at Tarjay ordering rare burgers at places like Burger King.

Holy ****!

Mixing the pathogens from the surface of a cut of meat thoroughly throughout and then failing to heat the inside to a point where said pathogens are destroyed while the entire process is overseen by people who will work the cheapest... is the stuff that morons would do.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe View Post
                    Funny how that works out as soon as Oerdin weighs in on the topic.

Coincidence.
                    Yeah, it's like some people just joined this thread to make personal attacks.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                      There may be good and valid reasons for that dish in those countries. Still pretty dicey to eat uncooked beef, but if you are confident in the people who handled the meat from abattoir to plate then fill your boots.

The rare burger thing in the US is a bit different. The first time I heard of it was ~30 years ago and it was the sort of people who shop at Tarjay ordering rare burgers at places like Burger King.

Holy ****!

Mixing the pathogens from the surface of a cut of meat thoroughly throughout and then failing to heat the inside to a point where said pathogens are destroyed while the entire process is overseen by people who will work the cheapest... is the stuff that morons would do.
                      I like my burger rare to medium rare but you're right that for safety's sake you can only do that at places where you are absolutely sure of the quality and handling practices. There is a reason cheap fast food places won't cook anything other than well done and that's just because they know they're selling low quality stuff. I don't know anyone who would order a rare burger at a fastfood place but there are tons of higher quality places which do everything in house and where rare is no problem. It doesn't even have to cost that much as even Fuddrucker's only costs $5-$10 for a burger cooked any way you like it using what every sort of meat you want served any size you want. As you said, chains like Fuddrucker's have been around since the late 70's to early 80's so it's hardly a new concept.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                        Yeah, it's like some people just joined this thread to make personal attacks.
                        True, so true.
                        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Odd, on this side of the country Five Guys burgers tend to be overly moist. I'm almost 100% certain that they inject them with water.
                          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Strange, I would have thought they would have standardized stuff to produce a consistent product but it seems there is still a lot of variability in their final product.

Comment

Fast food joints' relentless pursuit of consistency and quality is why burger flipping pays the big bucks ...

Comment

Rather their relentless pursuit of consistency instead of quality though burger flipping will never pay big bucks mostly because a trained monkey can do it. It might be a high demand skill set but it isn't a difficult skill set to master.

Comment

Working...
                                X