Congratulations to Britain after a century of Olympic under-performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
    As host country, they get an automatic entry into every event even if they suck at it.

Does that not give pause to consider the validity of the Olympic qualification process?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Australia just moved into the top ten - and we're having a bad year
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Up to 25 golds, suck it *****es.

Comment

restart the empire
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Shhh! That's stage 2..

Comment

Puerto Rico would probably be a swing state, so it's hard to see any party immediately benefiting.
              Just like Hawaii.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I liked what the British ambassador to the US said on The Daily Show a couple weeks back:

"Well, we Brits tend to excel at the sitting down sports."
                (paraphrased)
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I think he classes swimming as a "lying down" sport.
                  The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

As it turns out, per the Daily Mail, roughly 2/3 of Britain's first 37 medals were in the "sitting-down sports" of rowing, boating, and equestrian.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
                      As host country, they get an automatic entry into every event even if they suck at it.
                      If they suck, how are they winning medals (the gold, silver, bronze variety as opposed to lead, tin, zinc) in those events?
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                        Does that not give pause to consider the validity of the Olympic qualification process?
                        No, not really. It's just an exception paid to the host nation.
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                          I liked what the British ambassador to the US said on The Daily Show a couple weeks back:

"Well, we Brits tend to excel at the sitting down sports."
                          (paraphrased)
                          It's easier to keep from jostling your tea that way.
                          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

more power to the British ambassador, at the brit embassy in Kabul they call the war in Afghanistan the shooting what'sa ma jiggy outside

Comment

Working...
                            X