No announcement yet.

Congratulations to Britain after a century of Olympic under-performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

China wasn't ever in the empire, all you ever managed to do was get them addicted to opium and lease out Hong Kong.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Speaking of Hong Kong, why the **** do they still get their own Olympic team?

Comment

Why does Puerto Rico?

Comment

Puerto Rico at least has its own anthem.

Comment

Wait, Puerto Rico gets its own team, wtf?

I mean, they're having a statehood referendum which will probably pass in the fall...

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
              I mean, they're having a statehood referendum which will probably pass in the fall...
              I doubt it (will pass).
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I seem to recall reading somewhere that it's actually expected to pass, or is reasonably likely to. Can't find the article at the moment, though.

Comment

Dude, we ain't changin' the flag.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                    Haven't they won something like 4 or 5 times as many medals as they usually do? Am I the only one who thinks that's a little strange? Is the home court advantage usually that great?
                    As host country, they get an automatic entry into every event even if they suck at it.
                    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                      For what it's worth, both the official republican and democratic party policies are to accept the outcome of the referendum.

Puerto Rico would probably be a swing state, so it's hard to see any party immediately benefiting.

Comment

Guam has a small team.
                        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                          What happens when you exclude joke "sports"?

GB can't win any real sports like Canada has.

Gold in women's trampoline...don't you ****ing forget it.
                          I really think there should be a women's double-d + cup Olympic trampoline category.
                          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                            It's not a big change, really.
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Also, if you go by population, Jamaica (5 million) currently has 9 medals (3 gold, 3 silver, 3 bronze) , and is a cinch to pick up a couple more. To equal that, the US would need about 600 medals, China would need about 2,400 medals.
                              Last edited by Uncle Sparky; August 10, 2012, 06:53.
                              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Well, FFS, they have Bolt.

Congrats, Brits. Well-done.
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X