HC's Car Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
    Thanks! Sounds like the Accord is the way to go but I'll look at the Elantra. Dad recently got a new Sonata and loves it. Also, boring is fine. Dependable is great. I don't want to have to replace it for a long time.
    Jesus, I almost died of boredom just thinking about those cars...
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Maybe they don't have as much pizazz as your lime-green minivan wannabe, but as long as the thing drives I don't really give a ****.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

HC, why not a civic? You'd probably like an Elantra. The Hyundai vehicles are much improved.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
          Maybe they don't have as much pizazz as your lime-green minivan wannabe, but as long as the thing drives I don't really give a ****.
          Lime green? Minivan?!
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
            Lime green? Minivan?!
            I think he forgot a s when he mentioned the colour
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
              Lime green? Minivan?!
              Wasn't it you who posted the lime green two door hatchback as your car? Maybe I'm misremembering.
              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Mine is a coupe, it is Java green and black, I think you'll find
                Speaking of Erith:

Comment

We get our new vehicle in two weeks. It's an Infiniti Jx. It can carry 7 people , tow my seadoos and it meets the main criteria of NOT BEING A MINIVAN. We had minivans for 8 years and they are practical and useful but with our youngest being almost 6 we have declared our minivan days behind us.
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Slick new vehicle.

I've not pulled the trigger on a new one yet. Waiting it out. I keep changing my mind...

If I had to buy one today, it'd be a Lexus IS250 AWD. But it's $50K plus tax for the packages I'd get, so it's a bit out of impulse buy territory.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Any good reason not to get a Nissan Qashqai? Any good alternatives in that class?
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Looks like that's a Euro-only contraption.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

It's the same platform as the Nissan Rogue, but slightly smaller.
                          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I test drove a Rogue last year and hated it. Felt gutless and laggy with the CVT & 170hp engine. Terrible rear visibility. Lots of road noise.

Comment

Working...
                            X