Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which president gave Native Americans the right to vote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Ben a Calvin Coolidge fan or something?
    Favourite president.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

rampant racism, homophobia, political oppression, naked foreign aggression and so on.
      Damn, good thing we cured all that back in 1965.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
        I wonder if it has more to do with racial demographics than party membership demographics. Both counties are pretty Democratic, but Montgomery county is majority white and PG county is majority black.
        Oh, that definitely has something to do with it. We didn't learn too much about Indian oppression, but ordinary history education basically ground to a halt every February so we could learn about slavery and the civil rights movement for the umpteenth time. I remember in eighth grade one student actually stood up and asked, "why are we learning about Harriet Tubman again?"

Also, my elementary school had random assemblies where the whole school would get out of class to learn about some aspect of black culture, sometimes rather obscure. I remember there was one for "hoofing," one for a dancer-storyteller from some African nation or another...the Reggae assembly was pretty frickin' awesome, though.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
        X