Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which president gave Native Americans the right to vote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which president gave Native Americans the right to vote?

Let's see how smart polytubbies are....
    Abraham Lincoln
    0.00%
    Thomas Jefferson
    0.00%
    George Washington
    9.09%
    James Polk
    0.00%
    Ulysses S Grant
    0.00%
    Theodore Roosevelt
    0.00%
    Calvin Coolidge
    36.36%
    Franklin Roosevelt
    0.00%
    Lyndon Johnson
    27.27%
    Harry Truman
    9.09%
    Isn't JFK the one with the really big banana?
    18.18%
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Many states prevented native americans from voting long after the federal government had recognized such a right. So not all of them got the right to vote at once.

Comment

And gribbler still can't choke it out.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Many states prevented native americans from voting long after the federal government had recognized such a right. So not all of them got the right to vote at once.
        BZZT! Zero.

Seeing as the question asked which president was responsible for giving them voting rights, one would presume that would apply to federal voting rights, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          BZZT! Zero.

Seeing as the question asked which president was responsible for giving them voting rights, one would presume that would apply to federal voting rights, no?
          I would presume it applies to being able to vote.

Comment

So who was it Gribbler? Do you want to ask the audience? Phone a friend?

Comment

I'm not answering your irrelevant question.

Comment

Andrew Jackson gave them the right to go **** themselves.
                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

They got the right to vote in the 1920's so I'm assuming Calvin Coolidge.

I never understood the constitutionality of American Indians, South Asians, East Asians, etc. not being allowed to vote so long after the 15th amendment. Southern states went through hoops to deny Blacks but no Jim Crow was needed to limit the rights of Asians.
                  "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

They got the right to vote in the 1920's so I'm assuming Calvin Coolidge.
                    My favourite president. Yes, it is silent cal and the liberals will never admit this to be the case.

Given as it was Lincoln a republican, who freed the slaves, and Coolidge, a republican, who gave the natives voting rights, the real question remains - is it not the republicans who have supported freedom while the democrats supported slavery?

Comment

Until the southern strategy yes of course it was the Democrats on the dark side, but given that the parties basically swapped bases this is hardly something any Republican should gloat about today.

Comment

Until the southern strategy yes of course it was the Democrats on the dark side, but given that the parties basically swapped bases this is hardly something any Republican should gloat about today.
                        Yet it was Republicans who supported the Civil Rights act and democrats who did not. When did this mythical switch occur?

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                          Still not buying the mythical switch. Lincoln's party was centered around business interests and the religious (temperance movement, abolitionism, etc.).
                          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                            Still not buying the mythical switch. Lincoln's party was centered around business interests and the religious (temperance movement, abolitionism, etc.).
                            This. The GOP's core constituency has remained constant for pretty much its entire history.
                            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                              Black voters obviously switched. Southern whites generally switched allegiances. The Democratic party probably changed more than the Republicans.

Comment

Working...
                              X