Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which president gave Native Americans the right to vote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever. Look at a source that states Asians couldn't vote, try to make a distinction between citizens and non-citizens, start your search from there. Goodnight.

Comment

Lyndon Johnson
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Given that a lot of natives still couldn't vote until LBJ... why does any of this matter? The party of Obama is obviously not a "white man's party". And if Cooldige wasn't a racist he wouldn't have signed the Immigration Act of 1924...
        So you still can't admit that Coolidge is the one who passed the bill in the first place.

Oh, and where did the immigration act originate? Wilson. Do you think Woodrow Wilson was a racist? He even told blacks they were dumb**** to vote for the party of the Klan and slavery.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
          So can anyone explain the basis for excluding American Indians and Asians from suffrage despite the 15th amendment? I've asked this in history classes but no teacher ever knew.
          What was the basis for blacks not being able to vote? Racism.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
            So you still can't admit that Coolidge is the one who passed the bill in the first place.

Oh, and where did the immigration act originate? Wilson. Do you think Woodrow Wilson was a racist? He even told blacks they were dumb**** to vote for the party of the Klan and slavery.
            Yes, Woodrow Wilson was a racist. Do you want a list of racist presidents or something? Also, why would I need to "admit" that a president signed (not passed) a bill? I have no reason to care.

Comment

Last edited by RGBVideo; November 14, 2012, 09:17.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                Andrew Jackson gave them the right to go **** themselves.
                He encouraged them to exercise their right to vote with their feet...

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
                  Yes.

Theory 1: The only reason why whites turned easy and soft on American Indians in the 20th century was because they didn't see them as a threat anymore, like in the 19th century.

Theory 2: Reservations of this day are basically zoos of people. They're isolated communities where the locals are paid by the host government to upkeep their culture and bloodline so they can be observed by curious tourists. In the instant moment when the host nation sees reservation as a potential genuine threat, it becomes obliterated.

Any reason-based (as opposed to emotion-based) opposition to these theories?
                  The Native Americans had basically run out of lands worth stealing by the end of the 19th century, so it was no longer in anyone's self interest to keep denying them any rights.

Comment

Not sure why it matters that the Republican Party of the 1920s was less racist than the Democratic Party of the 1920s. It's like someone hasn't realized that its 90 years after that.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

And Democrats are still racist as ****. I posted about the Democratic committeewoman who came to my house because I'm a registered Republican and was asking me what I thought about American jobs being outsourced to 'chinks'.
                      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Philadelphia is basically a hundred years behind the rest of the country.

Comment

Yes, Woodrow Wilson was a racist. Do you want a list of racist presidents or something? Also, why would I need to "admit" that a president signed (not passed) a bill? I have no reason to care.
                          I personally find it amusing that you can't choke out a simple historical fact because it runs contrary to your bias. You certainly are willing to choke out excuses for why it doesn't really count though. Odd that.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                            I personally find it amusing that you can't choke out a simple historical fact because it runs contrary to your bias. You certainly are willing to choke out excuses for why it doesn't really count though. Odd that.
                            I'm not interested in playing your stupid games and answering your irrelevant questions. This has nothing to do with any "bias". I certainly don't consider it shameful that the United States finally gave Native Americans rights. Political party isn't relevant either. Do I find it upsetting that Lincoln, a Republican, freed the slaves? No. I guess this is just another one of your weird distortions of reality.

Comment

Both received broad support from both parties.
                              I'm gonna slap a [citation needed] on that. Where are you getting the roll calls for 1924 from?

Comment

I'm not interested in playing your stupid games and answering your irrelevant questions.
                                Yeah, apparently the president who granted citizenship to native americans is irrelevant. Good show.

Comment

Working...
                                X