No announcement yet.

Choose me a car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hell, I suspect my Prius has appreciated due to the steady rise in petrol prices and that I got a good deal.
    Sure, 1 dollar > 0
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Ben, why do you always babble nonsense? The Cruze diesel isn't even out yet, dumb ass.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Do they sell Subarus in the UK? They should be able to handle British roads.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

The Cruze diesel isn't even out yet, dumb ass.

Might want to hold off on that recommendation
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I drove the Cruze last December when I was looking and really hated it.

I have a friend who opted for a '09 Hyundai Sonata instead of the Accord he assumed he would end up with and he is convinced he made the right call.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I got one like this two weeks ago and I like it.
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                Do they sell Subarus in the UK? They should be able to handle British roads.

Yep. They're great cars, but two drawbacks.

1- Their reputation for longevity means their used prices are high.

2- They're expensive to run, tax and insure.
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
                  I got one like this two weeks ago and I like it.

I tested a 1.8 Turbodiesel Mondeo Titanium this afternoon, and it was great. That's now my likeliest choice- the amount of kit I'd get for the money is unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                    Yep. They're great cars, but two drawbacks.

1- Their reputation for longevity means their used prices are high.

2- They're expensive to run, tax and insure.

I got a 4-year-old Subaru Legacy for around $12,000; are they that much more expensive across the Pond?

Comment

How about a Prius?
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Troll hard or go home.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                          I tested a 1.8 Turbodiesel Mondeo Titanium this afternoon, and it was great. That's now my likeliest choice- the amount of kit I'd get for the money is unbelievable.
                          Yeah, it's not exactly underequipped - I'm still reading the manual Second, I really have to learn to control my right foot, otherwise I'll get a ton of speeding tickets

Why the hell did I buy that car
                          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                            I got a 4-year-old Subaru Legacy for around $12,000; are they that much more expensive across the Pond?

A quick Google suggests you'd be looking at about £11,000 to buy. They're also pretty expensive to tax and insure, and the 4WD hits fuel economy (and fuel is more expensive over here).

I like them a lot, but those numbers add up.

Comment

Toyota Prius...

I have it, just going over 140k miles, still great, 50-60 mpg, spacious, nothing better to get for ~6-7k£ four year old. Not to mention that in UK you virtually pay no road tax or London tax as you know, but as you already do not want it - ahahahahahahaaaa... I bet if you had it instead of a (admittedly very good skoda) it would not have died yet .
                              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Priuses have the ****tiest snow handling of any car I've ever seen.

Comment

Working...
                                X