Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
    No.

What the ****, MrFun actually agrees with separate but equal?
    People who support marriage for heterosexual couples, but only civil unions for homosexual couples agree with separate but equal.

But no, I oppose "separate but equal." I'm just showing the ridiculousness of what you've tried to argue.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      Gribbler having a bank account makes me unhappy for no purpose. He should be forced to give up his account so that he would make me happy.
      No one else's marriage is affected by another person's marriage. Hence, your "analogy" is stupid.

Comment

• No, but he's doing an excellent job of pointing out how ridiculous the argument is you've been making about how men and women being allowed to marry somehow makes a ban on gay marraige non-discriminatory.
        Why do you keep referring to 'gay marriage'? I thought you are arguing 'marriage' means whatever you want it to mean, so I don't see why you spell out the extra word 'gay' all the time.

Comment

• No one else's marriage is affected by another person's marriage. Hence, your "analogy" is stupid.
          If that's the case, why can't I marry two people? Clearly marriage isn't private, and it doesn't work the same way as 'freedom of association'. If no one's marriage is affected by anyone elses - then I should be able to marry two people.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• No... it is my private property and for you to have it I would have to lose something. There is a clear purpose for me to keep it. For gays to get married you don't have to give up the ability to get married.
            Why does owning your own private property trump making me happy? Clearly, it does not. Your morality is archaic and backwards. From each according to his ability -> You. To each according to his needs -> Me. And I have needs, brother.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Because marriage involves genitalia? Or so I'm told.
              No... marriage involves commitment, love, trust, and many other things. SEX involves genitalia...
              But how would you know since you have not done either... Maybe you should listen to people who know what they are talking about.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• BK, I think you would do better to marry a cactus.

Comment

• No... marriage involves commitment, love, trust, and many other things. SEX involves genitalia...
                  But how would you know since you have not done either... Maybe you should listen to people who know what they are talking about.
                  Sex is important to marriage. Who knew? Thanks for keeping me up to speed, Ming.

Comment

• BK, I think you would do better to marry a cactus.
                    Speaking from personal experience again? I thought Dinner posted a thread about this sort of thing... We don't need two threads.

Comment

If that's the case, why can't I marry two people? Clearly marriage isn't private, and it doesn't work the same way as 'freedom of association'. If no one's marriage is affected by anyone elses - then I should be able to marry two people.

YES.

YOU SHOULD.

DO TRY TO KEEP UP.
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• YOU SHOULD.
                        So your marriage would be unaffected by you marrying another woman?

Comment

• "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Gay marriage

Polygamy

Marriage

Comment

Why does owning your own private property trump making me happy? Clearly, it does not. Your morality is archaic and backwards. From each according to his ability -> You. To each according to his needs -> Me. And I have needs, brother.
                              Okay. I think communism is stupid and I also see no connection between same-sex marriage and communism.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                                Fun, I actually think Wiggy's being deadly serious with this one.
                                The minute you start treating Wiglaf seriously, you've lost.
                                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                                X