Government Employees Are the Scum of the Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
    Your father was a useless overpaid **** just like my mother. is. **** government workers.
    I'm not worried. A house will fall on you some day.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
      Dare I speak to someone who doesn't live in the real world.
      Dude, calculating public sector pension liabilities is my job.

But your analysis of government "benefits" doesn't take into account health care...
      Yes, which is why I explicitly stated I was talking about pension benefits, ****. Right there in the first sentence.

where insurance companies will refuse to cover or reimburse almost anything.
      I'm going to go out on a limb and bet that the NYC self-insures its medical benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojotronica View Post
        It's a common tactic of managers of government agencies and large institutions (even privately-held institutions) to increase benefits by back-loading them in fat pensions. That way, in the short term, the institution/agency looks thrifty with quality employees at low salaries. Eventually, after the manager retires, the pensions start coming due leaving the institution insolvent. Your anger at the beneficiaries of the pensions is mis-directed, you should be angry at management that created the problem for short-term, partisan, personal, political gain.
        This doesn't actually work. The most widely used actuarial method for public pensions (Entry Age Normal) generally front-loads benefits.

Comment

Only sava could think that ignoring medical leads to an OVERSTATEMENT of the increase in government worker remuneration over the last generation.
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
            I wonder if the same dynamic exists at the state government level, since I've heard that federal government employees (while still spoiled) tend to get less lavish benefits than their state counterparts because they aren't allowed to collectively bargain.
            This depends on the state. Collective bargaining for public employees is illegal in Virginia.
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

the same management that raids said funds
              This can't actually happen, except possibly in exceptional cases of fraud. Assets in pension trusts are untouchable.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                This depends on the state. Collective bargaining for public employees is illegal in Virginia.
                Virginia

Wisconsin

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                  Dude, calculating public sector pension liabilities is my job.
                  Haha, that's so cute.

I'm going to go out on a limb and bet that the NYC self-insures its medical benefits.
                  It's pretty much the same laundry list of **** providers as IL.

Again... live in the real world for a few decades and get back to me.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Virginia

Wisconsin
                    Fun fact: it was a Democrat governor who made public-sector collective bargaining illegal in VA.

L Douglas Wilder
                    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                      This can't actually happen, except possibly in exceptional cases of fraud.
                      But it does. And it is. But somehow, they never go to jail.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I think I've done enough explaining to you for one night. Thank you for providing a demonstration of the competence of the average government employee, though.
                        You whine so much you are starting to sound like a ambulance.

Comment

**** government workers.

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Killing it is the new killing it
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                            But it does. And it is. But somehow, they never go to jail.
                            No, it really doesn't.

Comment

"Insurance providers" for a self-insured plan are basically just misnamed claims administrators.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                                Yeah, and my mom works for the province of QC. She is a useless **** and she gets paid 75k a year to teach kindergarten. Nowhere in the private sector could she possibly get paid that much. **** government workers.
                                That is a lot to teach kindergarten.

I don't think US renumeration levels are so high, at least for non administrators/special needs teachers.

I know that my mom works as a public employee, had to tap her pensions because of being unemployed earlier (her program to help out troubled teen girls was cut), and currently makes less than 40k (I think) despite being in her 50s.

Some public employees get paid too much just like private employees. One side rails against the CEOs/etc, the other side rails against the overpayed public school teachers/etc.

JM
                                (public school teachers are not a very highly paid profession, despite being paid more than they are valued by society)
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN
                                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                                X