Government Employees Are the Scum of the Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
    Exactly what I said - because of the nature of federal employees that collective bargaining is more in the realm of lobbying Congress.
    So it's lobbying then, not collective bargaining.

Comment

Explain to me how that's so different from state employee unions & why that would result in vastly different retirement packages as a result as you asserted in post #5?
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I think I've done enough explaining to you for one night. Thank you for providing a demonstration of the competence of the average government employee, though.

Comment

my dad worked for the state of IL pretty much his whole adult life
          his pension and benefits were not great
          one would have to be a serious fuktard to think government employees get paid well
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
            Cops and firefighters also get paid too much.
            and i mean... SERIOUS fuktard
            like your dad shot in your moms ass, it dribbled down to her cooch, **** stained spunk impregnated motherfuktard...
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

hypothetically speaking of course
              i am by no means speaking of anyone in particular
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                hypothetically speaking of course
                i am by no means speaking of anyone in particular
                I laughed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                  my dad worked for the state of IL pretty much his whole adult life
                  his pension and benefits were not great
                  one would have to be a serious fuktard to think government employees get paid well
                  Yeah, and my mom works for the province of QC. She is a useless **** and she gets paid 75k a year to teach kindergarten. Nowhere in the private sector could she possibly get paid that much. **** government workers.
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                    Yeah, and my mom works for the province of QC. She is a useless **** and she gets paid 75k a year to teach kindergarten. Nowhere in the private sector could she possibly get paid that much. **** government workers.
                    Thank you for providing a perfect example of what I was describing.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

NPV of benefits isn't the useful number when trying to measure the generosity of pension benefits. Based on the NYCERS CAFR the cost of the pension benefits provided to New York City employees is in the neighborhood of 10-20% of salary (I can't get a tighter range than that from 15 minutes of perusing the NYCERS website). So just take their salaries, add on 20%, and see if you think they're reasonable...

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                        So just take their salaries, add on 20%, and see if you think they're reasonable...
                        Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                          NPV of benefits isn't the useful number when trying to measure the generosity of pension benefits. Based on the NYCERS CAFR the cost of the pension benefits provided to New York City employees is in the neighborhood of 10-20% of salary (I can't get a tighter range than that from 15 minutes of perusing the NYCERS website). So just take their salaries, add on 20%, and see if you think they're reasonable...
                          Dare I speak to someone who doesn't live in the real world. But your analysis of government "benefits" doesn't take into account health care... where insurance companies will refuse to cover or reimburse almost anything.

Need to test for lupus? $1800 bill.

20 or 30 years ago, a married couple with dual coverage (hubbie and wife both have primaries) used to have nearly zero out of pocket costs. Now? Maybe 20-40% is covered... on average.

But yeah... totally unreasonable benefits grrrr RAGE

People who get sick should end up with tens or hundreds of thousands in medical bills... because they are useless
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It's a common tactic of managers of government agencies and large institutions (even privately-held institutions) to increase benefits by back-loading them in fat pensions. That way, in the short term, the institution/agency looks thrifty with quality employees at low salaries. Eventually, after the manager retires, the pensions start coming due leaving the institution insolvent. Your anger at the beneficiaries of the pensions is mis-directed, you should be angry at management that created the problem for short-term, partisan, personal, political gain.

The employees are simply making the most of their potential earning power, which is completely in line with free-market capitalist ideology. Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

Comment

Your father was a useless overpaid **** just like my mother. is. **** government workers.
                              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Mojotronica View Post
                                you should be angry at management that created the problem for short-term, partisan, personal, political gain
                                word

the same management that raids said funds
                                but when they steal everybody's future, it's because they are useful

eventually, the ire will be correctly directed at fake industries that leech from the real economy

and hopefully, they will be shot
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X