Dogs should be exterminated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dogs should be exterminated

While on a run, a loose dog (a German shepherd) chased me. I lost it by jumping over fences but I am enraged that people do not keep their large dogs in the house or chained. This is the second time I was attacked by a loose dog while running, the previous time being chased and then cornered by two pit bulls (who used ****ing pack hunting tactics) before a passing motorist thankfully blasted his horn and scared the dogs away.

What can I do to avoid such problems? I have been very fortunate both times but the fact of the matter is, a dog has teeth and will always ultimately catch me unless I can put barriers between us. What can be done in such circumstances?
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

So what you really mean is that the owner of a dog left to run loose should be exterminated. I agree, and I'm a cat person.
    I think the same about an owner of a cat that has them living outside.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
      So what you really mean is that the owner of a dog left to run loose should be exterminated. I agree, and I'm a cat person.
      I think the same about an owner of a cat that has them living outside.
      A cat is small, harmless, and has no interest in chasing you down and killing you. Large dogs, on the other hand, are wolves.
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
        A cat is small, harmless, and while they'd probably sell their souls to the devil to be able to chase you down and kill you, they can't. Large dogs, on the other hand, are wolves.
        FTFY

Carry a bat around and maim the dogs?
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Well, this is one of the reasons dogfighting is such a bad thing: the world doesn't need more dogs that have been bred to be vicious, unprovoked killers. Seriously what kind of moron doesn't think dogfighting is a bad idea?

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            While on a run, a loose dog (a German shepherd) chased me. I lost it by jumping over fences but I am enraged that people do not keep their large dogs in the house or chained. This is the second time I was attacked by a loose dog while running, the previous time being chased and then cornered by two pit bulls (who used ****ing pack hunting tactics) before a passing motorist thankfully blasted his horn and scared the dogs away.

What can I do to avoid such problems? I have been very fortunate both times but the fact of the matter is, a dog has teeth and will always ultimately catch me unless I can put barriers between us. What can be done in such circumstances?
            Oorah?
            "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

1. Buy a shotgun. You can't shoot a running dog with a handgun.
              2. Buy a knife and wear padded sleeves. Bait the dog with your arm and slice its belly open.

In both cases, wear a cup, just in case. You can fix other parts much more easily.

P.S. I hate large dogs and their owners. A dog must be leashed and muzzled when outdoors.
              Graffiti in a public toilet
              Do not require skill or wit
              Among the **** we all are poets
              Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Mace
                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

So Alpert was outsmarted by dogs.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                    So Alpert was outsmarted by dogs.
                    I tried to lose them in traffic, hoping one would get hit by a car. I came back to the other side of the street (an abandoned warehouse), turned to continue running away from them when they both approached, one approaching to my left, the other to my right, with a wall to my back. Thankfully, some random motorist started blasting his horn.

****ing pit bulls.

Comment

The way to defeat a dog is to grab its tongue and hold its head underwater
                      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

FACT: I have never been chased by a dog. They can obviously smell weakness.
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                          FACT: I have never been chased by a dog. They can obviously smell weakness.
                          I have been chased several times. These were only the most recent.

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                            The way to defeat a dog is to grab its tongue and hold its head underwater
                            Don't tell Al this but that's also how you get yourself a female.

Comment

*insert Quark pic
                              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                              X