Thankfully it isn't a flat tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
    I'm for a 10% flat tax, with no deductions.
    You would need at last 20% to pay for all the government expenses.
    Flash Games|Play free Games

Comment

If I recall it was slightly higher, around 28%, just to be revenue neutral so that would still leave us with a $1.5 trillion deficit. To balance the budget it would have to go even higher into the low 30's so that would mean EVERYONE but the top tax bracket would see their taxes go up substantially (especially the 40% who currently make so little they don't pay the income tax so they'd go from zero to ~30%-33%) while the rich would get yet another giant tax break. In short, only a moron supports a flat tax unless they're the very rich.

I especially have to laugh at the ****ing retarded tea baggers who claim to care about the deficit (where were they claim to care about the deficit but were completely quiet during Bush's record deficits) but in the next breath claim they want a 10% flat tax (Perry recently claimed "10% is good enough for god so it should be good enough for the Federal government!"). A 10% flat tax would mean ~9/14ths reduction in Federal revenue so without a doubt it would make the deficit worse.
      Last edited by Dinner; October 4, 2011, 13:46.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I support it because if I don't get taxed on all my income, just on stuff I buy and I save a lot of my money. It would also allow me to not have to hire an accountant.

Comment

Flat tax /= VAT or consumption tax. It is a flat tax rate on all income while a VAT is a tax on consumption. I believe you have confused the two.

Comment

yeah, VAT/Consumption tax is what I was talking about.

Really, they need to tax capital gains the same as income.

Comment

Now that I agree with completely. Hedge fund managers should be paying much more than 15% (and that's before deductions); they should be paying at least the same tax rate as the middle class if not more but instead they're currently paying about half the tax rate. Screw that.

Comment

It's worse than that. He's established a track record of making incorrect, ridiculous and idiotic statements and now he expects people to pick up on when he is saying the opposite of what he means. Really it wouldn't have surprised anyone if Ben had thought the Alps ran through Denmark.
                So you're willing to admit that I was totally right here, about Denmark and you were completely wrong?
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

When have I ever said anything about Denmark? What the hell are you talking about? I never claimed Denmark was a mountainous region so how the **** did I say anything 'completely wrong'? I think you must be some kind of bot that doesn't actually comprehend any of the statements it responds to.

Comment

If you're saying I was 'completely wrong' about the intent of your statement, I was in fact unsure about its intent because you have a history of being completely wrong.

Comment

When have I ever said anything about Denmark?
                      Really it wouldn't have surprised anyone if Ben had thought the Alps ran through Denmark.
                      I think you must be some kind of bot that doesn't actually comprehend any of the statements it responds to.
                      I don't think you remember what you just said...
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

That was a statement about you, not a statement about Denmark, you idiot.

Comment

Working...
                        X