The Most Selfish Generation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rah View Post
    Yeah, I prefer the skip post option my self.
    But I do miss the days when I could just go in and change somebodies title to forum idiot.

LOLOLOL
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
      But I do miss the days when I could just go in and change somebodies title to forum idiot.
      Typical Baby Boomer, more than happy to abuse power.

Comment

Screw you. I contributed considerable money to keep this site open over the years. I wouldn't consider a few pranks abuse of power. What the hell did you ever contribute? It certainly wasn't your sparkling personality. Yeah, I know I was trolled for that, but I never need much of a reason to say screw you.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I haven't even been here a year yet. I don't know what it was like when you were able to pull your pathetic "pranks" on people.
          Last edited by Tupac Shakur; September 7, 2011, 16:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius871 View Post
            Selfish or not, any decline in inherited wealth is always a good thing. Meritocracy FTW
            Darius, think about this for a bit. Without inherited wealth it is a lot harder for society to accumulate capital.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius871 View Post
              Selfish or not, any decline in inherited wealth is always a good thing. Meritocracy FTW
              Seconded!

Also, Death to the Boomers!
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                Darius, think about this for a bit. Without inherited wealth it is a lot harder for society to accumulate capital.
                It can be transferred into the form of public works. Or just thrown in the pile, I suppose.
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                  Also, Death to the Boomers!
                  That's too good for them. Better to replace the income tax with a consumption tax and expropriate the **** out of those bastards' wealth, making them pay off the debt they've run up.

Comment

Consumption tax on everything but food :b

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Consumption tax on everything.

Pigovian tax on junk food.
                      Last edited by Tupac Shakur; September 7, 2011, 20:04.

Comment

• GenX/Y whiner, always looking for an easy way out and blaming everyone else for not making your life easy enough.

I'm 57. I put myself through college and made my own way in the world.
                        I put my daughter through college at a significantly higher cost.
                        I look after my 82-y.o. mother and try to give her a good quality of life.

I didn't ask for social security; it was in place long before I entered the workforce. It's a social contract that was forced on me, and I'm well within my rights to expect delivery of the promised payback for my lifelong contribution. Just like I expect my corporate pension and 401(k) to be there for me.

Conflating the actions of individuals with the government's mismangement of funds, irresponsible imperialism and babying the multinationals as they suck the nation dry is just a convenient crutch.

Get a life and make something of it.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• You can't jointly blame them for environment, and for not reproducing enough. Having more kids would have been even more devastating to the environment. And overpopulation is a massive issue.
                          So why not kill off everyone to save the planet? Starting with you?
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• My parents worked hard in mid-income jobs and did everything they could to support their family. I have told them that I hope they spend their last dollar with their dying breath --
                            Some of us don't have this option. You're lucky to still have yours.

Interesting study I saw the other day, that taking into account what inflation has done to wages, men make about as much as they did in the 50s. Thanks boomers for looking out for us! I'd be happy if I just got left alone. Really I would. Obama has been a terrible president and if he just sat on his hands rather then trying to screw me over, I'd be thankful.

Some boomers do have the best interests of everyone in mind, but there's not enough of them to counteract the folks who do just the opposite.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• I didn't ask for social security; it was in place long before I entered the workforce.

Nice that you didn't mention Medicare, which is the program that will do the most to fleece the next generation and the program you selfish Boomer *******s added a spendy prescription drug benefit to during the Bush Administration.

It's a social contract that was forced on me, and I'm well within my rights to expect delivery of the promised payback for my lifelong contribution.

Unless you die early, you're going to take out more than you ever put in, you greedy bastard.

GenX/Y whiner, always looking for an easy way out and blaming everyone else for not making your life easy enough.

Not making our lives easy enough? You're making our lives hard, much harder than you ever had it, and you're ruining the country in the process. Jesus, your myopia and sense of entitlement is unbelievable.

Comment

• Boomers
                                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                                X