The Most Selfish Generation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jaguar View Post
    Few places pay you by the hour and then want you (or ask you) to work 4000 hours a year, Jon.
    :P

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
      I guess it's only a selfish generation who thinks they should have it easier than everybody else... nice thing to hang your hat on there...
      So you're admitting you didn't want to work towards a better future for your children. Nice.
      Last edited by MRT144; September 15, 2011, 12:29.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
        My dad died at 56, about 6 months before he planned to retire. All the time on the road and working weekends didn't really pay off, IMO.
        Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
        He planned to retire at 57? Jesus what a lazy ****. Well, you know what they say: the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...
        DRAKE! do you have to be an assshole all the time?

Comment

• Originally posted by VJ View Post
          wait, what?

seriously?

entry level programming?

No. Computer service. He wanted a job as a technician. He had a couple of cookie cutter certifications with no post secondary.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
            DRAKE! do you have to be an assshole all the time?
            Unfortunately, insulting people's family is fair game for some people.

Comment

• No. Computer service. He wanted a job as a technician. He had a couple of cookie cutter certifications with no post secondary.
              Can I get my middle bro to send you a resume? He needs to get into the business. I promise you that I'm the black sheep of the family and the rest of my family is nothing like me.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                So you're admitting you didn't want to work towards a better future for your children. Nice.
                Never said I didn't try or want to... But you seem to think that it's your right to have it easier... only thinking about yourself... Nice.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Never said I didn't try or want to... But you seem to think that it's your right to have it easier... only thinking about yourself... Nice.
                  I dont think it's a right, I think it should be one of the goals of being an adult deciding to have children. What are you working towards? A better future for your children? If not, why did you have children? Accidental? On a lark? Societal pressure? Narcissism? Obviously boomers as a whole have left the world a worse place for their progeny because they are only looking out for themselves. The very fact you project selfishness onto a generation you created but ultimately didn't take real responsibility is par for the course. For all our flaws, Generation Y was your doing.
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• A college degree indicates sufficient patience and perseverance to put up with decent management. More work for less money tests to see if there is enough to put up with the management already in place.
                    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                      I dont think it's a right, I think it should be one of the goals of being an adult deciding to have children. What are you working towards? A better future for your children? If not, why did you have children? Accidental? On a lark? Societal pressure? Narcissism? Obviously boomers as a whole have left the world a worse place for their progeny because they are only looking out for themselves. The very fact you project selfishness onto a generation you created but ultimately didn't take real responsibility is par for the course. For all our flaws, Generation Y was your doing.
                      Never said it wasn't a goal, or that I didn't work toward it. I did. But I'm not the one saying...
                      How is finishing college not proving and earning it?

Its ****ing absurd and cruel
                      You are the one thinking that the world owes a person a great job simply because of a college degree, and that a person doesn't have to work hard to get a job or to succeed at it.

But feel free to keeping making stuff up and doing your rants. It doesn't change what you posted.
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Never said it wasn't a goal, or that I didn't work toward it. I did. But I'm not the one saying...

You are the one thinking that the world owes a person a great job simply because of a college degree, and that a person doesn't have to work hard to get a job or to succeed at it.

But feel free to keeping making stuff up and doing your rants. It doesn't change what you posted.
                        Did you generation tell the younger generations they had to work hard? Obviously since you werent raised by a boomer you don't know what claptrap passed as wisdom from them. "The key to success is going to college." Time and time again. And unfortunately a lot of us heard that right around 98-99 when we were just entering high school and college. You can't explain away the parenting of your cohorts by your individual example when the obvious ignorance of a younger generation is somehow so pervasive. You, Ming may have been one of the few parents that emphasize hard work but that doesn't absolve your generation of

A. leading by poor example in a Goofus and Galant fashion (Galant pays for groceries in cash and saves every month, Goofus puts it on a credit card and pays minimum balance)
                        B. leading by poor wisdom on emphasizing one thing at the exclusion of all else. (Have to go to college and work hard to get into the right college)

It is absurd and cruel for you to throw your hands up in disgust at the generation you had a huge role in influencing,educating,leading, and imparting the pearls of wisdom you accrued over the years.

I get it, it's hard to rail against people you grew up with, who went through the Cuban Missile Crisis, Stagflation, Vietnam, Disco, AIDS, Reagan, etc etc. I think there are a lot of problems with my generation that involve narcissism and there being a culture and technology of enablement of that. But hey, I can at least assess one of the problems of my generation unlike the golden children, the baby boomers, who have never as a generation done anything wrong or misguided.

Comment

• God, you're a whiny *****. Almost as bad as a boomer.
                          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Killing it is the new killing it
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
                            Unfortunately, insulting people's family is fair game for some people.
                            QFT, Drake, that one went way too far.
                            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                              God, you're a whiny *****. Almost as bad as a boomer.
                              I'm ****ing awesome. Deal with it.

Comment

• The Onion brings you all of the latest news, stories, photos, videos and more from America's finest news source.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X