Pew Research: Media ignoring Ron Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    I think we're all forgetting that Ron Paul doesn't have anything good to say anyway. Independent media wouldn't make any difference.
    Can you name a few issues where you disagree with the man? I can understand concern about his monetary policy, but beyond that he seems benignly neglectful at worst.
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• There's a tad of a difference between a European cartographer casting a hue over vast expanses of land entirely unbeknownst to the natives
      Uh, there were plenty of Spanish missions there all throughout the 16th, 17th and 18th centuries prior to the establishment of the United States.

yankee cavalry actually doing the gruntwork of driving them out of the best areas on the other hand. It's not like every Lakota under "Spanish" dominion got a ****ing memo faxed to him from the nearest European settlement a thousand miles away. Holy **** are you ever stupid.
      Well, when 90 percent of them are dead, that would kind of change things, no? Most of the deaths, with exception to possibly the pacific north west occurred long before the Americans came, and long before wounded knee. So if your argument is that oppression and killing is bad, it's not the Americans who were responsble for the worst of it.

As for Sitting Bull, he was perfectly happy to accept Canadian authority, even though they stole their land too.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Darius, this is what happens when you encourage him.

Comment

• I propose a new motto for the USA: "We only ever oppressed the leftovers." I bet that sounds real classy in Latin.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Solum victus opprimere?

Comment

• A more exact translation, according to Google Translate, is "Fusce molestie semper calumniam sustinens reliquias." But that last bit looks like a literally-translated idiom. Do we have a Latin scholar in here who could provide us with an equivalent idiom to "leftovers?"
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• I propose a new motto for the USA: "We only ever oppressed the leftovers." I bet that sounds real classy in Latin.
                Oppressed? More Native Americans died at Antietam fighting for the South than died at Wounded Knee.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Felch View Post
                  Is ClearChannel a propaganda outlet for anything more nefarious than Justin Bieber? I know of five ClearChannel stations in this area, they play modern rock, classic rock, top 40, country, and adult contemporary. WMZQ plays gung-ho country songs, while WWDC plays "Smoke Two Joints" uncensored. They play prepackaged programming made by focus groups to promote corporate music, and they keep their workforce part-time and hourly, but they only care about politics when it affects their profits.
                  I was talking about their AM stations.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• AM talk radio is dominated by the right wing, the left tends to listen to NPR. There are still nine Clear Channel affiliates that carry Air America. They're nothing like News Corp.

Comment

• Originally posted by Felch View Post
                      Can you name a few issues where you disagree with the man? I can understand concern about his monetary policy, but beyond that he seems benignly neglectful at worst.
                      Yeah his economic policies scare me. They would better be called liberal because they are dangerously risky . But what I really said was that none of his proposals were good, not that they were bad. So it doesn't matter that he is ignored.
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• One Democratic war incumbent, a handful of war-mongering Republicans, and a single peace candidate.

Comment

Working...
                        X