Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Uh lets see.

Original 13 colonies - taken from Britain.
    NW territories - Britain.
    Florida - Spain
    Louisiana Purchase - Spain originally, bought from France.
    Oregon - Britain
    Texas - Originally from Spain, joined
    Guadaloupe Hildago - Originally from Spain.
    Alaska - Russia.

So what land did they steal from the Natives?

There's a tad of a difference between a European cartographer casting a hue over vast expanses of land entirely unbeknownst to the natives there on the one hand and yankee cavalry actually doing the gruntwork of driving them out of the best areas on the other hand. It's not like every Lakota under "Spanish" dominion got a ****ing memo faxed to him from the nearest European settlement a thousand miles away. Holy **** are you ever stupid.
    Unbelievable!

Comment

• See, Darius, you're arguing with him as though logic will make a difference. That'll make you angry without ever achieving anything. Instead just make the minimum of effort to point out the flaw: "We're talking actual land ownership, not nominal sovereignty, doofus." Or just link to "Trail of Tears" on Wiki. Then sit back and watch how his magnificent evolved powers of fact-evasion respond to the threat.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• The scary thing is that he has some knowledge; he isn't ignorant.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
          Pots and trellises I'm cool with. It's your magic soil-depletion prevention devices I'm struggling with.
          Oh... so it's my first post's initial soil fertility, legumes, deep rooted plants, immigrant pests, and composting that's difficult for you to understand. Gotcha.

Comment

• Absolutely!

Especially the bit about doubling the area below-

You could take soil depletion out of the mix completely by a bit more than doubling the area (say, 20sq m) so you can grow valuable compost materials like rice and wheat, nitrogen fixing legumes,
            And the bit about bad crops here-

Ecofarm's ~9 sq m could "work" in a year round growing environment, at least until you depleted the soil or had a bad crop.
            Not a real-world proposition, is it?
            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• It's hilarious that you think this discussion has anything to do with the "real world"

You clearly don't understand my posts if you think I was saying that the only way to postpone soil depletion was adding more area. I said it's one way to do it for sure, not that it's the only way. I gave other methods/factors that could also work.

Comment

• If you're not going to focus on the real world in this, you could always factor in a herd of unicorns too. That would help.
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Best part: Even this thread continues to ignore Ron Paul.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                      If you're not going to focus on the real world in this, you could always factor in a herd of unicorns too. That would help.
                      No, that wouldn't help at all. Even if the unicorns were very intelligent and kindly... taking the care not to trample your crops or eat any of them... the shade cast by their bodies would be enough to ruin the entire enterprise.

As for the "real world", the entire discussion is inapplicable not because you'd need something unnatural, but because it would be a ludicrously inefficient form of food production.

Comment

• Originally posted by HalfLotus View Post
                        This dude stood up to Rush & Hannity's foul treatment of the Good Doctor, and got his radio show cancelled. Tow the establishment line and regurgitate GOP talking points, or pay the price!

http://www.dailypaul.com/177194/talk...us-please-read
                        That's the problem with too much media consolidation especially when several of the large media companies (like Fox or ClearChannel which is the largest radio company in the US by far) are nothing more then propaganda outlets for one party. Anyone who even bothers to listen to that ****e is a tool. If anyone gets on one of those political networks and doesn't chant the party line then they are fired. You won't get any independent observations or anything which hasn't been pre-vetted by the spin meisters.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Yep, thank Clinton & Co. for Telecommunications Act of 1996.

Comment

• Also the millions and millions of people who voluntarily watch/listen to/read them every day.
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• I think we're all forgetting that Ron Paul doesn't have anything good to say anyway. Independent media wouldn't make any difference.
                              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                                That's the problem with too much media consolidation especially when several of the large media companies (like Fox or ClearChannel which is the largest radio company in the US by far) are nothing more then propaganda outlets for one party.
                                Is ClearChannel a propaganda outlet for anything more nefarious than Justin Bieber? I know of five ClearChannel stations in this area, they play modern rock, classic rock, top 40, country, and adult contemporary. WMZQ plays gung-ho country songs, while WWDC plays "Smoke Two Joints" uncensored. They play prepackaged programming made by focus groups to promote corporate music, and they keep their workforce part-time and hourly, but they only care about politics when it affects their profits.
                                John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X