How big is...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty sure that test is bull****.

a) None of the really good words are on it. (Except "tool", but who knows if they were talking about that hoe and rake stuff?)

b) "A jar" is two words. But they only counted it the same as one even though I know both of them

c) Knowing "raiment" and "legerdemain" just means you're a RPG nerd. It should be a negative since the only other words those freaks know is "mommy" and "I've soiled myself".

d) Going with "hair" right above "box" was distracting. Favoritism to gays and straight women

It said I know 31,700 words. I'm building my list now to prove these bastards wrong. Will post later.

Comment

terpsichorean
      Clearly KH doesn't play enough Pirates! That's an embarassment.

How much is the frenchie bonus, KH?
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Comment

Ah, I know what raiment is now (given Aeson's clue).

Oh well...
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
            Clearly KH doesn't play enough Pirates! That's an embarassment.

How much is the frenchie bonus, KH?
            I'm a native speaker who writes a hell of a lot better than you
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
              adumbrate
              puckish
              raiment
              sedulous
              epigone
              bibulous
              embonpoint
              pother
              cenacle
              cantle
              terpsichorean
              deracinate
              fuliginous
              oneiromancy
              tatterdemalion
              williwaw
              caitiff
              hypnopompic
              opsimath
              sparge
              uxoricide
              Yeah, like I said I ticked uxoricide but it's possible I shoudln't although I fail to see that it doesn't mean exactly what it seems to mean. Adumbrate was another judgment call for me. I know what it "should" mean because I know "ad" and "umbra" but I didn't tick it, because I wasn't sure of the nuance.

Comment

Hey, I know prestidigitation too! That should count for something! :P
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

38,100. I'm fairly sure being an extensive reader of historical fantasy helped me out a bit here Most of what I missed overlaps with KH's, though I know four of those words, and missed a couple others. Interestingly they weren't on the same screens - uxoricide was the only one I missed from the first screen, while KH had it on the second. Basically every word KH missed that I didn't came from reading fantasy as far as I can tell... Puckish, raiment, pother, oneiromancy being those four by the way.
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I'm a native speaker who writes a hell of a lot better than you
                    Ugh, don't remind me. My french is terrible!

Seems unsurprising that the person with the biggest vocab is bilingual.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                      38,100. I'm fairly sure being an extensive reader of historical fantasy helped me out a bit here Most of what I missed overlaps with KH's, though I know four of those words, and missed a couple others. Interestingly they weren't on the same screens - uxoricide was the only one I missed from the first screen, while KH had it on the second. Basically every word KH missed that I didn't came from reading fantasy as far as I can tell... Puckish, raiment, pother, oneiromancy being those four by the way.
                      I should have ticked puckish. I thought I had heard the term before, and the meaning is obvious to anybody well-read.
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

So that's Snoopy, KH, Koya, and then me. Cool.

Comment

If this was high school I would have gotten cenacle...
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I put in kindergarten (with a PhD) and checked all the boxes and it said I know 45000 words.

Comment

See that outlier with "aeson'? Oh look, that outlier isn't there anymore.

Comment

I wanted to be sure they would catch that it's not a real result. I wouldn't want them to think there was someone out there who really does know 45000 words... *shudder*

Comment

Working...
                                X