Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you manage your checking account?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting, am I that much of a dinosaur? Hard to believe I'm the only one who doesn't use any form of online banking.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

You are most assuredly a dinosaur.

I've not used offline banking since 1999. 12 years. There's no point. Further, online banking is FAR cheaper.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I've not used offline banking since 1999. 12 years. There's no point. Further, online banking is FAR cheaper.
        In terms of what? There's a bank on every corner here. It's easy enough to go in and make a deposit or withdraw. How is it cheaper online?
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Good thing I checked my account this morning before going grocery shopping. My mother stole money from me. I called her and yelled at her to put it back. She's the only one who has access to my account, the brat.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
            Interesting, am I that much of a dinosaur? Hard to believe I'm the only one who doesn't use any form of online banking.
            Yes. Are you like my old customers who are scared of computers?

In terms of what? There's a bank on every corner here. It's easy enough to go in and make a deposit or withdraw. How is it cheaper online?
            Time is money. Online banking saves time.
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

There's no fees for anything. Cheques are free, withdrawls are all free, deposits are free, interest rates on savings accounts higher, there's no fees to move money around, no fees to get statements, etc.

Then there's the "time is money" -- no lines, no idiot tellers, no stupid people to deal with.

I decide at 3am on a sunday morning to move money from my savings account to chequing account so I can buy something. Click, click...done.

I've not paid a cent in any kind of fee with my bank in the twelve years I've been with them. And I've ordered many cheques, ordered new chip debit cards, transferred tons of money around, I've got like 5 different kinds of accounts with them (chequing, savings, two types of regular savings accounts, one TFSA account).
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I got fifty paper checks when I opened my new checking account four years ago, I've used about twenty of them since then (I still need to write the occasional paper check for things like renewing my passport)
                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I don't use online banking.
                  I don't use traditional banking.

I have my wife do it all -- banking and taxes, for our personal income plus the two corporations we run. It's like having a free personal accountant who also provides sex.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

There might be a bank on "every" corner, but once you choose a bank, not all of those banks will be the one you're with. Online banking is tons more convenient.
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                      It's in my head. People really keep checkbooks and balance them and ****? Why? I guess if you live paycheck to paycheck and have to monitor your cash flow, you got to but people on Apolyton don't seem to live check to check.
                      I'm on Apolyton, and so far for my adult life, I have been living tightly, paycheck to paycheck.
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I don't live paycheque to paycheque, but I do have budgets I try to follow. Mint.com aggregates my finances & investments from all over the place in one central location. It's very convenient.

Comment

I use internet banking ofc, phyiscal banks are only for serious business like getting loans and doing deposits after all. So almost all banking things I do on the net. But I have a budget program on my iphone that I use for keeping track of my day to day expenses, it has made it much easier to keep control on my expenses and not find my account thin on money at the end of the month.
                          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

There's no fees for anything. Cheques are free, withdrawls are all free, deposits are free, interest rates on savings accounts higher, there's no fees to move money around, no fees to get statements, etc.
                            My bank doesn't charge me fees. My canadian one, yes, but not the one here.

Then there's the "time is money" -- no lines, no idiot tellers, no stupid people to deal with.
                            There's these things called ATMs. Do they have them in Canada? You can even deposit checks in them.

I decide at 3am on a sunday morning to move money from my savings account to chequing account so I can buy something. Click, click...done.
                            Uh, sure.

I've not paid a cent in any kind of fee with my bank in the twelve years I've been with them. And I've ordered many cheques, ordered new chip debit cards, transferred tons of money around, I've got like 5 different kinds of accounts with them (chequing, savings, two types of regular savings accounts, one TFSA account).
                            No fees on my account. As for moving money around, I do that once a month. No need to do so more often.

Comment

There might be a bank on "every" corner, but once you choose a bank, not all of those banks will be the one you're with. Online banking is tons more convenient.
                              Uh, there's literally branches of my bank on every corner. This ain't Iowa anymore, Dorothy.

Comment

Yes. Are you like my old customers who are scared of computers?
                                I've always done my banking through the teller if they are there. It's nice to get personalized service and it's come in handy at times.

Time is money. Online banking saves time.
                                It's about a 5 minute drive. I never banked online even when I was without a car, there's just no point. For the stuff I needed to do, meant a trip once or twice a month to deposit paychecks and take out what I need.

Comment

Working...
                                X