Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you manage your checking account?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thoth View Post
    Jesus wept.

It's no wonder your country is so ****ed up. Your education system can't even teach basic things like how to properly spell "cheque" or "colour".

What are you talking abOUT?

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I write checks to deposit into my bank account here. No other use for them and I don't use the ledger, just online banking. There are no fees for transferring money this way, only a wait of about 3-4 weeks for the check to clear. It works out well in most cases because I need to maintain a minimum balance anyways, but the uncleared check counts towards that minimum balance. I just have it there waiting to clear, deposit the next check when it does, withdraw the last month's check.

I've also used Xoom to do the transfers in cases where I needed the money quicker, first transfer was free.

Comment

The only time I write something in my check ledger is to record the very occasional paper check. I don't even bother to balance my accounts anymore.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

That's why I created this thread. I'm thinking about doing away with the traditional ledger altogether. Considering I do all my banking online now, it's just redundant. I also get my statements online anyway.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

mint.com
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I have heard great things about that website, Asher.
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

wtf are these "check" things

Comment

It's in my head. People really keep checkbooks and balance them and ****? Why? I guess if you live paycheck to paycheck and have to monitor your cash flow, you got to but people on Apolyton don't seem to live check to check.
                  "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Wtf is a checking account and why do you need to balance it?
                    I have a current account and a debit card account. My paycheck goes to the former, I transfer the household money to the latter, withdraw it from an ATM (because I'm lazy to go to the branch) and give it to my wife.
                    I also have a standing instruction to keep at least 1k on my card at all times.
                    Graffiti in a public toilet
                    Do not require skill or wit
                    Among the **** we all are poets
                    Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                      Wtf is a checking account and why do you need to balance it?
                      I have a current account and a debit card account. My paycheck goes to the former, I transfer the household money to the latter, withdraw it from an ATM (because I'm lazy to go to the branch) and give it to my wife.
                      I also have a standing instruction to keep at least 1k on my card at all times.
                      People balance checkbooks, not checking accounts. I think it's where they keep track of the checks they write and add up the amounts to make sure they don't overdraw their bank account.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                        check. correct spelling. Since when is -que pronounced like that?

I guess everyone pronounces Albequerque wrong then
                        Bet you don't know how to queue either. Americans prefer lines.
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Uh, Albert, it's albekerke, something about Spanish, which is why cheque is pronounced "check".
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Hey Albert, try this:

I lost my key in the queue on the quay.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

He lost his key in the queue on the baroque quay in Albie-querque
                              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Albuquerque's baroque quay's key cheque queue quashed quint quail's quid

Comment

Working...
                                X