Oslo bombed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
    In Tolkien's world Númenóreans where said to be less corruptible than most men, but once they turned to evil they did so more fully and their deeds where more vile. I assumed it was a reference to that.
    I know Tolkien disliked his work being used as an allegory but I always regarded Mordor as the negative representation of the mass killing, corruption of nature, and industrialization that Tolkien had experienced throughout his lifetime while Gondor, the Shire, etc. represented a lost idyllic tradition. /Nerd

Comment

• Originally posted by Braindead View Post
      Then you will not be the only loon trying to convince himself.
      Good choice of handle.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Thank you DaShi. It suits me.

Comment

• I'm irritated by how familiar Heraclitus acts by saying "Steve's commentary"... one, no one gives a **** what that loon has to say. two, he's not Steve. There's people out there who you don't personally know who can be referred to by mononyms (Cher, Madonna, Prince, Brandy), but Steve Sailer is obviously not one of them.

Am I the only one who had a spasm of disgust when he saw Steve, clicked the link, and it was Steve Sailer?
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• I didn't have a spasm of disgust when I saw the word "Steve".

You may have been the only one.

Comment

• Question. How was this nut job able to get a weapon? any background checks? psyc test in Norway?

Comment

• I'm glad his name is Steve and not Ackmed or Muhammad.

Comment

• I care a lot about why he did it. You can't correct situations unless you know things like the why. Before, when I didn't know the parentage of the young people, I wondered why KH was so adamant about a police presence. Now that I know that it wasn't just a normal camp out of regular people, I have to wonder why there wasn't a police force present, also.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Braindead View Post
                    I didn't have a spasm of disgust when I saw the word "Steve".

You may have been the only one.
                    Yeah, I didn't exactly collapse in a writhing heap on the floor when I saw it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
                      I'm glad his name is Steve and not Ackmed or Muhammad.
                      Ackmed is not a name. What the **** is Ackmed?

It's Ahmed. And it's not pronounced with an Ack.
                      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Wow, you think that your transliteration is the only reasonable one. Is that how they write "Accchchmed" in PHILADELPHIA?
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                          Wow, you think that your transliteration is the only reasonable one. Is that how they write "Accchchmed" in PHILADELPHIA?
                          It's the only spelling accepted globally. Google Ackmed and you get some stupid puppet. Ahmed is the accepted spelling of the name.

Secondly, it's not pronounced in the same manner as the syllable Ack is pronounced in English. That means the transliteration of Ackmed is not phonetic which means it is invalid.

Comment

• Ackmed: 403,000 results on google, mostly a Jeff Dunham sketch
                            Ahmed: 235,000,000 results.

Comment

• There are multiple transliterations available. There is no "right" one. The closest thing in English to the relevant phoneme is probably "ach" or "auch". Stop being a know-it-all when you really don't have a ****ing clue. Go on and tell us about European toilets again, you ignorant stay-at-home.
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Only albie would be so ignorant and yet so sure of himself as to claim that he knew the single correct transliteration of a syllable from Arabic to English...
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X