No announcement yet.

Canada: Dangerous case study in the perils of same-sex marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, to be clear, paralyzed people cannot be married, according to you.
    Legally? No issue with it, but their partner could divorce them and could divorce them for not consummating.

As for the Catholic church that's a very good question.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• No, surrogacy does not allow two women or two men to procreate. I don't care what your religious leaders think about it either. That has zero relevance to whether gay marriage should be legalized.
      Then I suppose your argument is wrong and it's not all about procreation. Gosh, who could have seen that coming.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Because it's icky and the church would lose half of its priests.
        Hey guess what the union of a man and a woman in marriage is a crucial part of the procreation part. Gosh, that was a surprise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          Legally? No issue with it
          So sex is not a prerequisite for a legal marriage, then.

So why are we talking about it relating to gay marriage?
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Hey guess what the union of a man and a woman in marriage is a crucial part of the procreation part. Gosh, that was a surprise.
            I can prove that you can, in fact, procreate without a Catholic marriage.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I can prove that you can, in fact, procreate without a Catholic marriage.
              I believe it not!

Comment

Then I suppose your argument is wrong and it's not all about procreation. Gosh, who could have seen that coming.
                What exactly is my argument? You're the one who seems to think people need to be able to procreate before they can get a marriage license.

Comment

• So sex is not a prerequisite for a legal marriage, then.
                  Uh, I should hope not otherwise virginity would be outlawed.

So why are we talking about it relating to gay marriage?
                  Because legally not having vaginal intercourse is grounds for divorce, paralyzed or no?

Comment

• You're the one who seems to think people need to be able to procreate before they can get a marriage license.
                    What I said is the ability to consummate a marriage is a requirement within marriage. Not the same thing, but good try. Asher even managed to figure this out.

Comment

Because legally not having vaginal intercourse is grounds for divorce, paralyzed or no?
                      lol wut

Comment

• So, to be clear, paralyzed people cannot be married, according to you.
                        If it happens before the marriage, no they cannot be married in the Catholic church.

Comment

• Well it's nice that the US isn't a Catholic theocracy.

Comment

• Well it's nice that the US isn't a Catholic theocracy.
                            Funny that, one permits you to divorce your hubby, the other does not. If it happens after, the marriage is valid.

Comment

Funny that, one permits you to divorce your hubby, the other does not. If it happens after, the marriage is valid.
                              What are you talking about? If what happens after what? Which one doesn't allow divorce when the other does?

Comment

• Uh, the difference between the Church and the state? IF you get disabled, the state says it's perfectly ok to dump your hubby, the Church does not.

Comment

Working...
                                X