Canada: Dangerous case study in the perils of same-sex marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    I've been on that two percent enough times to be wary of a lawyer arguing that the court is 98 percent right and 2 percent wrong. I'll file *that* under bias that needs to be taken under consideration.

I've been involved in cases that I thought were wrongly decided, because the decision was decided long before the case came to trial. Which is unfortunate. Cases which I'm sure you would believe had been decided correctly, and would side with the court.
    Ben given your political views which would be considered extreme by many, I a not at all surprised that you would often disagree with court decisions
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Oh I see-- In your world talkingabout division of property is how you assert something about spousal support.
      Presumably that is how one fulfills court ordered support? So you concede the point?
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

My argument is simply that the AG confirms, as do you that cohabitation for 3 years creates a burden of spousal support. Same as with marriage.
        Yup and thats why you had said -- follows exactly LOLOLOLOLOL

Originally Posted by Ben Kenobi
        Uh, division of property. Hello? Court treats it just like a real marriage.
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Ben given your political views which would be considered extreme by many, I a not at all surprised that you would often disagree with court decisions
          Asked me how heartened I am that one's legal representation is dictated by whether one has or has not views that are reflected by the majority.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Presumably that is how one fulfills court ordered support? So you concede the point?
            You presume wrong. Why would I concede anything--- I havenèt been making any points-- I have been simply correcting your obscenely wrong assumptions about how common law relationships actually work

Comment

• Flubber that's like quarrelling with the inch. The cite recognizes that the spouse has an obligation for support. A couch is what? A couple grand? Support is much more.
              I did say this, so let's get off it, Flubber. Support is the big deal here, for me, and the court doesn't draw a line between marriage and cohabitation here. At least in free countries you have to actually consent to enter a marriage contract...

Comment

• I have been simply correcting your obscenely wrong assumptions about how common law relationships actually work
                By confirming the common law principles of spousal support? Really? That's your intent? If anything, you've done just the opposite. You've shaved the nickel and pointed to the flakes as the nickel.

Comment

Nope

Comment

still nope

Comment

By confirming the common law principles of spousal support? Really? That's your intent? If anything, you've done just the opposite. You've shaved the nickel and pointed to the flakes as the nickel.
                      What do you mean by "spousal support"? What exactly do you think is going to happen if two men are roommates?

Comment

and a third time Nope

NO matter how Ben tries to reframe his argument-- his own prior quote hangs him every time

Comment

• What do you mean by "spousal support"? What exactly do you think is going to happen if two men are roommates?
                          Same thing that generally happens. The one who filed gets the paycheck.

Comment

Same thing that generally happens. The one who filed gets the paycheck.
                            You think people are going to be forced to send checks to their roommates?

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                              You think people are going to be forced to send checks to their roommates?
                              and the thing is these rules existed before gay marriage so it was available to male-female roomate combos all these years-- I know the courts were bogged down with these claims LOL

Comment

• You think people are going to be forced to send checks to their roommates?
                                If legal representation was inefficient at serving their clients, then they would be out of a job. It's in their interest to ensure that the majority of those who file are paid off for doing so.

Comment

Working...
                                X