Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So why exactly is Israeli slaughtering protesters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
    I don't think it's really relevant whether Israel uses nonlethal weapons on them or not

This attitude is precisely why Israel is Israel, and why Israel will never know peace.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
      I guess the Israelis shouldn't complain about rockets- trying to carve out a country in the middle east surrounded by countries who don't want you there was almost suicidal.
      This.

Using HC's logic, Israel should be rendered precisely zero aid and zero sympathy for trying to make a country where they're making one. And trying to hold on to lands they conquered also.

It's their own ****ing mess. They know how to solve it. They choose not to. Zero sympathy, zero funding.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post

This attitude is precisely why Israel is Israel, and why Israel will never know peace.
        Fascinating. HC comments on an issue, and you take it that it constitutes Israeli policy.
        You began this discussion without an actual analysis but merely with an accusation. This is not productive. What I suggest you do is take a look at a series of reports; compare statements, video recordings (if any) and news reports. Then come to a conclusion based on the evidence rather than idle conjecture.
        "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

• Originally posted by Zevico View Post
          Fascinating. HC comments on an issue, and you take it that it constitutes Israeli policy.
          Considering Israel chose to use non-lethal weapons on them, it's a safe assumption they are in sync on the idea that the use of non-violent weapons were irrelevant.

You began this discussion without an actual analysis but merely with an accusation. This is not productive. What I suggest you do is take a look at a series of reports; compare statements, video recordings (if any) and news reports. Then come to a conclusion based on the evidence rather than idle conjecture.
          I began this discussion with a question. One no one has been able to reasonably answer. What I suggest you do is read the title of this thread and the OP.

I HAVE read many news accounts of it, I HAVE seen a bunch of footage of it. I've come to a conclusion based on all of this evidence that their deaths were not necessary. No one has been able to reasonably claim otherwise. However, the Pro-Israeli posters here have managed to lie repeatedly and essentially dismiss the deaths as something that could not be avoided -- or worse, that they deserved it. Deplorable.

I advise you to either counter the obvious evidence demonstrating they were slaughtered, or to cease posting in your obnoxious style where you pretend to be impartial.

Comment

• Wow, I never thought gribbler and Asher would try to find the equivalence between attempting to break through a border checkpoint and living without rockets getting shot at you for no reason other than ethnic and religious hatred.

And Asher, my position on Israel is substantially more hawkish than that of Israel itself, keep that in mind.
            Last edited by Hauldren Collider; June 5, 2011, 23:02.
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Wow, I never thought gribbler and Asher would try to find the equivalence between attempting to break through a border checkpoint and living without rockets getting shot at you for no reason other than ethnic and religious hatred.
              You're missing the point. The context doesn't matter -- the ability to use non-lethal weapons to the same effect is ALWAYS relevant, unless you simply do not value the human lives you choose to take.

Your comment was deplorable. Or perhaps just poorly phrased. In either case, you show no respect for human life when it's not Israeli in the region. Incidentally, Israel has the same mindset. That's why they're always going to be under attack -- because, quite frankly, they are righteous *******s with a penchant for slaughter. Not that the Palestinians or the Syrians are all perfectly innocent -- it takes two to tango. Just don't pretend Israel is any better than anyone else.

Israel, Palestine...both countries are completely incapable of comprehending how to live peacefully.

This is precisely why funding should be cut off to both countries. Funding Israel or Palestine is just funding more killing.

Comment

Wow, I never thought gribbler and Asher would try to find the equivalence between attempting to break through a border checkpoint and living without rockets getting shot at you for no reason other than ethnic and religious hatred.

And Asher, my position in Israel is substantially more hawkish than that of Israel itself, keep that in mind.
                I can't see any reason for using lethal force on civilians instead of non-lethal force, except for ethnic and religious hatred.

Comment

• I am not reading this thread

I just wanted to mention that the part of the Sahara south of Morocco that used to belong to Spain was lost to Morocco because that strip of land had a population of like 200.000 and Morocco sent like 300.000 civilians walking to that place in a huge march.

Perhaps some details are wong, check wiki
                  I need a foot massage

Comment

• Asher, I'm making no comment on whether or not Israel should use nonlethal force, I'm merely pointing out that my sympathy doesn't extend to those who repeatedly ignore warnings that they will be shot for trying to do something so brazen as cross a heavily militarized border.

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                      I can't see any reason for using lethal force on civilians instead of non-lethal force, except for ethnic and religious hatred.
                      In Israel's defense, it could also be either laziness or insecurities. Perhaps the Israeli Soldiers know they are no match for unarmed civilians, and shot the masses out of panic.

Comment

Asher, I'm making no comment on whether or not Israel should use nonlethal force, I'm merely pointing out that my sympathy doesn't extend to those who repeatedly ignore warnings that they will be shot for trying to do something so brazen as cross a heavily militarized border.
                        Why is that?

Using your logic, Israel deserves no sympathy. Palestine gives them plenty of warnings to get out.

Comment

• Now you're equating telling people they can't enter a country and ethnic cleansing. This is fascinating. Pathetic troll is pathetic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                            Why is that?

Using your logic, Israel deserves no sympathy. Palestine gives them plenty of warnings to get out.
                            Troll

Comment

Yep, you have demonstrated that pretty clearly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
                                Troll
                                Truth.

Comment

Working...
                                X