Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it so hard to be a part-time bank teller (or to get any job)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, yes he should.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• My last resignation letter looked like so:

"This letter is to serve as a formal notice of my resignation, effective DD/MM/YY. Thank you for this opportunity and best of luck in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,
      David *****"
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• What I wanted to write was:

"**** you and your french ****ing frogfaces. Your ineptitude is staggering, your arrogance infuriating, and your accents annoying. You've done nothing but put up roadblocks for the success of my group as well as our company as a whole. Your mindset is stuck in 20th century thinking, trying to profit from a 20th century product in the 21st century. You are hopeless and you shun any and all advice that would benefit the company. I have given you many ideas, technologies, and products that could drive the company's digital growth, but these were consistently and actively rejected only to be "thought up" by our brainchild CTO a year later and promptly outsourced to a Francophone consulting company owned by a close friend of the CTO.

Go **** yourselves."
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• My last letter of resignation was:

Boss,

Due to the steady decline of the quality of my work and the need for me to treat my depression, I feel that I must offer my resignation. I enjoyed the year that I spent here and learned a great deal. I apologize for the sudden departure.

Thank you,

Lorizael

They offered me depression counseling and all that jazz in an attempt to keep me. For reasons that escape me at the moment, I repeatedly declined.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
            My last resignation letter looked like so:

"This letter is to serve as a formal notice of my resignation, effective DD/MM/YY. Thank you for this opportunity and best of luck in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,
            David *****"
            The upside of this approach is they realized they still needed me to tie up loose ends for about 6 months. I was in a position to demand a lot of money on an hourly rate, and they were still comfortable working with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
              My last letter of resignation was:

Boss,

Due to the steady decline of the quality of my work and the need for me to treat my depression, I feel that I must offer my resignation. I enjoyed the year that I spent here and learned a great deal. I apologize for the sudden departure.

Thank you,

Lorizael

They offered me depression counseling and all that jazz in an attempt to keep me. For reasons that escape me at the moment, I repeatedly declined.

Comment

• thanks asher, I needed a laugh this morning.

The best way is send the letter you did. And then tone down the second one a tad and mention them in the exit interview. Companies have a tendency to pay a tad more attention to exit interviews when a person leaves voluntarily.

One of our better Project Managers just quit and mentioned a few items. Lo and behold a few weeks later there have been some policy changes due to what he mentioned.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Oh, this was three and a half years ago. So no sad smileys required.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                    Do I write a new one like that one and send it with an explanation of apologies for any arrogance in my initial heat of the moment letter?

You actually sent it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Solomwi View Post
                      Please, Al, for the love of all that is good, submit that without changing a single letter.
                      Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post

I ****ed up, didn't I?
                      Originally posted by Solomwi View Post

Day. Made.
                      Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                      You said to send it!!!!

I don't believe I am reading this trail of events. (1) Can you not spot dripping sarcasm? and (2) You took his advice (which, given point no. 1 you shouldn't have done) verbatim, without even thinking. Oh lord man...I think I am starting to see the problem right here.

And I'll be blunt with you, despite all the ribbing that Ben gets, he just owned you when it comes to writing a resignation letter. How does that make you feel?
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

What I wanted to write was:

"**** you and your french ****ing frogfaces. Your ineptitude is staggering, your arrogance infuriating, and your accents annoying. You've done nothing but put up roadblocks for the success of my group as well as our company as a whole. Your mindset is stuck in 20th century thinking, trying to profit from a 20th century product in the 21st century. You are hopeless and you shun any and all advice that would benefit the company. I have given you many ideas, technologies, and products that could drive the company's digital growth, but these were consistently and actively rejected only to be "thought up" by our brainchild CTO a year later and promptly outsourced to a Francophone consulting company owned by a close friend of the CTO.

Go **** yourselves."
                        You know, I think this approach would've been favourable to the letter Albert wrote, which seemed very snide and dismissive. If I'd have read that resignation letter I'd have been f**king furious, that's a fact. My resignation letters have been just like yours written above Asher (the short one of course) just stating the facts. In fact I could've gone ballistic at my former employers for breaking promises that were only verbal and they'd never put in writing (may not be legally binding, but breaks any trust) and then using me for an SAP project instead of someone who would cost considerably more as a consultant or analyst for doing the same job. For never offering me a promotion and offering it to your golf buddies, for undermining my position by taking on a backfill for my position through a nepotistic connection, then taking her on permanently and promoting her above my position in less than a year (despite her being considerably less competent at the job than myself who never received any such promotion in 4 times longer). And then unceremoniously dumping me back into my former job without a promotion or movement which I had requested and jumped through hoops many months before the end of the project, under said backfill to rub f**king salt in the wound. But I maintained professionalism and I left on a high note with a flattering speech. Big company, may have a contract with them and have good connections.

But I can't be sad, former boss, because the experience you gave me means I earn considerably more than you do, or ever will. And a few months after I left, they closed the site.
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Sincerely,
                          David *****"
                          Everyone here knows you're Asher so there's no point in using *****
                          Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                            thanks asher, I needed a laugh this morning.

The best way is send the letter you did. And then tone down the second one a tad and mention them in the exit interview. Companies have a tendency to pay a tad more attention to exit interviews when a person leaves voluntarily.

One of our better Project Managers just quit and mentioned a few items. Lo and behold a few weeks later there have been some policy changes due to what he mentioned.
                            Yeah, with regards to my last post, somehow I managed to avoid an exit interview. If that would've happened I would've been a little bit more informative for my reasons to departure but then again, by this point I was just past caring...a leopard cannot change its spots and they were having to deal with an overall exodus of their most talented staff.
                            Speaking of Erith:

Comment

• I thought he was Glonk.
                              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                                Everyone here knows you're Asher so there's no point in using *****
                                David B!tch you'll find
                                Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Working...
                                X