Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it so hard to be a part-time bank teller (or to get any job)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by satiliktrakt
    thanks you share
    Here's a job for you Al! Right up your alley!
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
      Dead end job? DEAD END JOB?

Didn't you just tell us they gave you a promotion and threw you into the hard jobs? Sounds to me like they want you for bigger and better things.

Then you go and slap them in the face?

You are a disappointment.

Fast food is the DEFINITION of dead end job!
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Managing fast food is not.

Comment

• Given that most of McD's execs (for example) started behind the counter, it's a pretty dumbass definition.

Comment

• Oh yay I was promoted to Assistant Manager to make $28K/year working hours that would amount to $9.80/hr (my previous job paid me $13/hr)!

After a year, I would be in line to be a General Manager of a store and move up to $32K/year! From there, only the sky is the limit!

Oh wait, I'm leaving for the Marines in October so none of this matters. Oh and I hate this company (which I spent 3 years working for prior to this stint) and this industry.

But I'm an ungrateful evil ***** for quitting! Only on Apolyton.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Given that most of McD's execs (for example) started behind the counter, it's a pretty dumbass definition.
              Half of America's workforce started behind the counter of a McDonalds.

Comment

• How about spending a few months complaining on Poly before rejoining the Marines and snapping your legs again? I hear the career prospects are great.
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                  Half of America's workforce started behind the counter of a McDonalds.
                  ...and were promoted into management?

Comment

...and were promoted into management?
                    I checked the bios of the executives for Checkers. Only the Vice President of Operations came up through the company.

The President/CEO joined the company in 2007 as President/CEO, for example.

Comment

• Yeah. Only the VP of Ops came up through the company. Most of them came to the company into their present positions from competitors but did not come up through the ranks from making burgers. For example, the Executive VP & CMO began her career "as an Account Director for Wendy's shortly after earning a bachelor's degree in advertising and marketing". Started in fast food but not at the frontline level.

Comment

Given that most of McD's execs (for example) started behind the counter, it's a pretty dumbass definition.
                        Also, if you are general manager in one set of stores, you can maybe switch to another type of stores and be general manage there.

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• If it was anyone else, you all wouldn't want to put your two cents in. Only because it's me you all want to criticize.

I'll remember this the next time anyone here posts anything about hating their job and quiting.

Comment

• ...as opposed to hating their job but managing to move straight into another?

Comment

• Oh Jesus, does he never learn

Albert, your pompous resignation letter made me cringe. And it is a real, massive "screw you". Don't burn bridges like that for no good reason. Always retain dignity and respect, and maintain professional courtesy, even if you can't stand the bastards. You never know when you may need to deal with the bastards you can't stand. Some times the bastards you can't stand may remember you favourably, especially when you manage to snap every goddamn limb in your body trying to be a dump f**king squaddie again.

The military You're an educated man. That line is for cannon fodder with no purpose or no future. I thought you had an education and future?

And remember, starting from the bottom and working your way up will give you a lot of credibility that other "fast tracked" people lack. I can take these types of people to the cleaners because they don't have the business experience. If you'd gone the hard way, you can play it to your advantage. Seriously. I do so well because I am an IT professional and expert in my area that also has a huge amount of knowledge of the sector I work in from doing the normal jobs (pharma QA/QC). Underestimate any experience you accrue at your peril.
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Really? It came off like that? Remember how much I talked about feeling guilty for wanting to quit and agonizing over how to do it? My intention wasn't for it to be a **** you. It was supposed to be an explanation from deep within my heart as to why I can't keep working there.

Comment

Working...
                                X