Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it so hard to be a part-time bank teller (or to get any job)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, Al must be too old to understand computers.

Comment

• I don't think anyone has or would support him in pursuing a career in IT. He says he has no intererst either. I'm pretty convinced that HC comes from an environment where his interests were nurtured and encouraged, he legitimately had more access to what interested him. Also, everything al has done with opportunity hasn't been utilized correctly and I think the reasin he wants to do these things is. because they won't alienate the people he is close to. Philadelphians treat intellectual ambition with contempt and scorn.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Al has apparently been conditioned to think living under the threat of physical harm and trying to kill people is the most honorable way to live. So yes, I suppose environmental factors may have played a role in his constant efforts to waste his time killing brown people instead of leaving the ghetto and making a decent life for himself.

Comment

• In times like this, if I got 2000 resumes, I'd first have HR screen out for qualifications and obvious losers. If I didn't have an HR dept, I'd hire a temp clerk to do that. It's not a particularly hard skill
          I'm surprised that given how much programming is in the job that you don't have a program that helps you sift through the resumes to help you find the good ones. I've done many things as a temp, and this is one of them, sifting through a pile of legal documents for a law firm to help them find the stuff they need.

Just running spellcheck with a few keywords would probably weed out about 3/4.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Actually when you're looking for programmers/developers, you're not dealing with the most socially adept group of people so eyeballing is necessary in my opinion.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Interesting. How long would you give a temp to go through all 2000 and pick out say 100?
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• 2 days.
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• I sorted through ~200 resumes in 2 hours last time I had to.. Many of them are instant "no"s.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• See, you're thinking like people not prepared to simply write out again to all 1600, and then recruit a bunch of people of whom 85% will swiftly prove to be failures, thus making a mockery of the entire selection process. You amateurs.
                    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Hey, not all of us are in an industry where people with some unnamed skill are able to get halfway to being millionaires in two years on annual pay between 24 and 120k working for somebody with a supposed phd in some unnamed subject...
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                        Interesting. How long would you give a temp to go through all 2000 and pick out say 100?
                        The temp would select nothing. They would be eliminating only.

I figure I go through about 50-100 an hour depending on how good/bad they are.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                          Actually when you're looking for programmers/developers, you're not dealing with the most socially adept group of people so eyeballing is necessary in my opinion.
                          I distinctly remember one programmer applicant.

He came in an hour early for the interview. I told him to wait, so he sat down in the chair in front of my desk as opposed to the lobby. It became even more awkward when I went to the loo, as he followed me all the way to the potty. When I stared at him in disbelief he must have thought I was prodding him for some kind of social conversation. "Come here often?" he said. What a joker.

He didn't get hired. I'm not running a scouting club.

Comment

• Sounds like Albie has an opportunity to demonstrate his potential by converting the problem child store to a flagship one. Albie, this is your chance to punch through to the management top... Take the opportunity!

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                              I sorted through ~200 resumes in 2 hours last time I had to.. Many of them are instant "no"s.
                              Best instant nos you got?
                              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                                Hey, not all of us are in an industry where people with some unnamed skill are able to get halfway to being millionaires in two years on annual pay between 24 and 120k working for somebody with a supposed phd in some unnamed subject...
                                I laughed HAURD

Comment

Working...
                                X