A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
    Do they sometimes pause the main story to flash back to some dragon-king's war from eighty years ago like in the books?
    There are a few flashbacks, but most of them rather short.
    Also Starks get killed left and right ... you haven't grown accustomed to the name of a Stark and s/he already is dead

I should also mention that the actor who plays Joffrey Baratheon does a really good job, likewise the one who plays Ramsey Bolton
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• So they give the really good actors the roles of the horrible ****goblins you're supposed to hate unequivocally?
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Everyone is already dead, and being impersonated by the Faceless Men... or has been brought back to life by the Red Priest/ Priestess... or both!
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

So they give the really good actors the roles of the horrible ****goblins you're supposed to hate unequivocally?
          Oh, the good (or not as evil) side also has its good actors, like the ones of Arya Stark, Danaerys Targaryen or Tyrion Lannister ... not to forget Lady Olenna Tyrell

But it surely is harder for an actor to believably portray a chaotic evil person, than to portray a good or neutral one (unless the actor is chaotic evil him/herself, of course )
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Do they sometimes pause the main story to flash back to some dragon-king's war from eighty years ago like in the books?
            Virtually all that stuff got cut.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• And they don't have to take paragraphs to describe the peasants doing medieval stuff in the background, they can just show it. Likewise the Lords Bannermen and their coats of arms. Sounds like video is generally a better medium for this story. The only con being that each battle costs the GDP of a small country to stage.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• The battle stuff in GoT has really been spectular at times, more than in some cinema battles I remember.

There were some more regular things, for example a typical way to depict cavalry attacks is the cam looking from the side when a long front of horses/riders start to charge - seen that in various movies from Braveheart to LOTR and whatnot. But the kind of horse-in-da-face stuff was truly spectacular, not so much the detail as such, but how the action around Jon Snow unfolded.

It's that kind of action scenes that is both innovative, pushing the boundaries of the genre, and great to watch because it does not just descent into random hectic where you can hardly tell what's going on, like in Micheal Bay movies, where actions seems to translate into particle effects and explosions everywhere whether it makes sense ro not.

/fanboy cents end
                Blah

Comment

• I'm up for the last few episodes just so it will finally end. It's been a good ride but we need to see how they finish it. I do hope we get a Cleganbowl. I don't see how they can avoid it.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Cleganebowl

I just hope their mothers name wasn’t Martha.
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

•  
                      Blah

Comment

• The new trailer looked a little sparse so I guess they are keeping details close to their vest.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• sofia turner is hot

Comment

• Trump just ordered the trailer released to distract the libs.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                              The new trailer looked a little sparse so I guess they are keeping details close to their vest.
                              Well they have shot multiple endings so there is plenty of opportunity for misdirection.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Hadn't heard that, but not surprised. Would be amused if every character filmed a death scene and no one but Benioff and Weiss (and I guess Martin?) knows the actual ending.
                                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                                X