A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
    On the other hand, because of R+L=J, Jon seems to be not only the perfect king of the north, but also the perfect husband for Dany (and coregent on the iron throne)
    Apart from being her nephew and all, but hey, GoT.

Comment

• But they wouldn't know that until Bran tells him. Another great reveal.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I still think Dany is going to go bat**** crazy and start burning people.

Comment

• She does seem to be leaning that way.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
            Apart from being her nephew and all, but hey, GoT.
            Uhm, the Targaryens were known for marriages within the family ... it was a specialty of their house, so to speak
            They did this to keep the ability strong which allowed them to control dragons

Although these innerfamiliar marriages also lead to a high percentage of insane people, as we all know
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• When we're speaking GOT, innerfamiliar marriages are not require for a high percentage of insane people. They occur quite naturally and frequently.
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                I have absolutely no idea why Old Beardy got stabbed. Any suggestions?

Was there actually a reason in the plot for it, or were they just trimming the budget?
                Cersei doesn't like him since sided with Kevin Lannister and the queen of thorns against her. In the books Varys kills both him and Kevin Lannister but the tv show decided to do things differently.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

And I have absolutely no idea what Anne Boleyn's sneaky plot some episodes back, which involved slipping that note to Gran, was all about either. I suspect it was unsuccessful though.
                  The high sparrow had said her grandmother would have to be punished so she convinced her grandmother to leave town before that happened. She slipped her grandmother a draeing of a rose which is the symbol of their house so she was telling granny she was just acting in order to survive and that she was still a Tyrrell.

Comment

"You cannot create something new without getting rid of the old"

I think it was Qyburn who said it, when he killed Maester Pycelle.

But to give you an answer that fits even better:

There was no person who was a bigger self-serving schemer in the remaining court of Cersei.
                    A person she definitely couldn't trust.

It is no surprise that she would want to get rid of him

So, when you've got a colossal explosion planned at a venue he could be reasonably expected to attend, you lure him away from it?
                    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

So, when you've got a colossal explosion planned at a venue he could be reasonably expected to attend, you lure him away from it?
                      Perhaps at that time it was clear, that he wasn't going to attend to the trial.
                      Considering that he was still busy with his whore, at a time where all people (except Cersei and Tommen) were already gathered at the Sept of Baelor, that't a reasonable assumption IMHO
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Supposedly Aerys put wildfire under all the major landmarks in the city so if the wildfire was still under the Sept then does that mean tge wildfire is still under the red keep? What happens when Dany's dragons start breathing fire? Could Cersei die tge way she killed everyone in the last episode?

In the books she already burned down the red keep after her father was killed so I guess that is just another area wherw the book and the tv show differ.

Comment

Perhaps at that time it was clear, that he wasn't going to attend to the trial.
                          Considering that he was still busy with his whore, at a time where all people (except Cersei and Tommen) were already gathered at the Sept of Baelor, that't a reasonable assumption IMHO
                          See, they could have spent a bit more time on that, previous to the scene.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                            In the books she already burned down the red keep after her father was killed so I guess that is just another area wherw the book and the tv show differ.
                            Just the Tower of the Hand within the Red Keep, not the whole castle itself.
                            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Ahh, it has been a few years since I read the books.

Comment

• Finally did watch the rest of season 6. Just saying.

In other news, a friend told me we might get two more seasons, but less than 10 episodes in each. Dunno if that's final.

Let's hope that Jon does better than the 1st King of the North. I for one would be careful with marriages, ehh
                                Blah

Comment

Working...
                                X