No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re action - why isn't there a war between with the new Dorne regime yet? Or are they pretending the whole High Sparrow thing is holding back war efforts vs. Dorne? OTOH the Dorne side wouldn't care, and they seemed to be quite keen to get moar revenge...
    Blah

Comment

• You sure you want them to bring Dorne back?

In the books, I ****ing LOVE the Dorne chapters.

In the show, Dorne suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• The mountain vs. the viper was great!!!
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• But that was source material from the books. D&D then decided to ditch virtually all the rest of the Dorne plot, write something new of their own, then just kill everyone to end it after it got nearly universally panned. It was a classic butterfly effect where one small change necessitated others and before you know it nothing is remotely similar.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post
            Pretty disappointing that there was no bloodbath of the Sparrow guys after this buildup...At least I expected some rioting for not seeing Natalie Dormer walking around the streets nekkid...

The only thing I'm wondering is if the High Sparrow impressed King Tommen with his religious teachings or basically made him into his puppet because he knows Tommen is not Robert's son, but that of the "unholy alliance" of the Lannisters.
            We are talking about Tommen ... a young boy, easily to be influenced by anyone ...
            I would rather be surprised if he weren't a puppet of the sparrow now

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
            I am pretty sure the new queen is faking her religious conversion. She is very calculating and plotting, she saw her brother when he said he was broken, she saw Tommen seemed under the high sparrow's influence so she did a bit of plotting and decided a sudden religipus conversation helped her out most. She is faking the whole thing. I would bet money on it.
            Lets hope so ...
            but I actually assume that the sparrow actually broke/brainwashed Margaery ...
            with her long stay in prison, and no visitors except Septa Unella, who would read the bible ... ahem ... holy book of the seven to her on a daily base
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
              You sure you want them to bring Dorne back?

In the books, I ****ing LOVE the Dorne chapters.

In the show, Dorne suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.
              Ok, I got it. Noone likes TV-Dorne.
              Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                You sure you want them to bring Dorne back?

There is a good reason to bring back Dorne:

Tyene Sand

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• She's Italian-American, so at least one of her boobs is American.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                    There is a good reason to bring back Dorne:

Tyene Sand

Tyene Sand is the bastard daughter of Prince Oberyn Martell and a septa. She is one of the infamous Sand Snakes. In the television adaptation Game of Thrones she is portrayed by Rosabell Laurenti Sellers.

Just so you can get a feel for how different that single character is from books to tv show.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                      http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Tyene_Sand

Just so you can get a feel for how different that single character is from books to tv show.
                      Tyene is regarded as treacherous, while maintaining a sweet and pious persona. Areo Hotah thinks Tyene looks as sweet as summer strawberries.
                      Sounds like Tyene in the TV series ... well, except for the "pious" maybe

(and of course the different Dorne storyline between book and TV syeries ... of which I was fully aware, however)

Comment

• The whole character is completely different. Physically she is different (blond hair, blue eyes, fair skin, dresses modestly), her personality is different (she is not a fighter at all nor even trained in weapons other than poison which she is rather ruthless with), and her actions are certainly completely different (she has currently traveled to Kingslanding where she is pretending to be a septa because she wants to get close to the people she blames for killing her father).

Comment

• Not sure what the point was of this episode.
                          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Internet consensus seems to be setting up Cleganebowl, which people think is a thing for some reason.
                            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                              Because ancient times never happened in America.
                              You mean America popped into existance?
                              I now understand why you have so many creationists over there.
                              The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Ahem. Most foreign-setting stories made in America are spoken in The Queen's English for the simple reason that Brits sound both exotic and familiar. If the characters from Marvel's Thor movies, for example, spoke with vaguely Norwegian accents, it would technically make more sense than the posh Limey brogue they actually use, but it would also make them hard to understand and potentially turn serious dialogue comical. But they can't speak normal American English either--not even a very neutral mid-Atlantic version like mine--since they're supposed to be foreign and stuff. So British it is.
                                1011 1100
                                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                                X