No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I enjoyed that episode. Things are building up nicely for a huge episode 9 like normal.

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
      So does she. That's why she's doing real sex work.
      Well, it seems like was the other way round ...
      her experience with real sex work got her the job
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• ere
        Originally posted by Dinner View Post
        At least in the books she learned how to change faces. What did tv Arya grt out of the whole going to Braavos? Learning to sweep floors and blind fight? They don't even have the warg ability Arya wad learning in the books.
        The blind fighting came in handy against the waif, however

btw.
        I am surprised that such a large city like Mereen didn't have any defensive catapults, Trebuchets or Ballistae against the invading fleet.

Very surprising, considering the fact that they got the unsung dwarven hero of kings landing as one of the cities leaders

Well, more fun for Drogon (with burniong ships) in the next episode, I guess
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
          The blind fighting came in handy against the waif, however
          Well, I had to switch the logic module in my brain off on that one.

The waif was Aria's teacher in all her fighting techniques, she was supposedly some older, more trained disciple. And they tell us the the waif was not trained in blind fighting? At all?
          The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Bah. Arya is a Stark. The Stark words are "Winter is coming." Winter is dark. You can't see in the dark. So Starks are better in the dark. QED.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• And full of terrors
              The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dry View Post
                Well, I had to switch the logic module in my brain off on that one.

The waif was Aria's teacher in all her fighting techniques, she was supposedly some older, more trained disciple. And they tell us the the waif was not trained in blind fighting? At all?
                Well, IIRC the blindness was a punishment for Arya because she didn't fulfill her first mission ... not some preplanned part of her training regime (despite the fact that it löatewr was used for her training).

I guess the waif always fulfilled her missions without displeasing the faceless god (and therefore wasn't punished even once)

Comment

• Blindness is used on all faceless men as part of the training, at least in the books, so the tv show's out come is doubly unsatisfying. The kindly man said so. Also no faceless man is supposed to bring the gift to someone they know so it is retarded to have the waif try to kill Arya.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                    http://radaronline.com/celebrity-new...orking-hooker/

One of the actresses from the show has been found to be working as a hooker.
                    Not many woman rugby players...
                    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• aren't the waif and arya the same person?
                      I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• That apparently was a theory, but I think it seems clear that's not the case now.
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Oh, was it supposed to be some kind of Superman III thing?
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• That is what some people were guessing but that was based upon no real evidence. The next episode is called the battle of the bastards and virtually the entire episode will supposedly be taken up by the battle between Jon Snow's Wildling Army and the Bolton's Army. Many are guessing Little Finger might lead the Vale's Army to the rescue despite Sansa telling him he is her enemy.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

That is what some people were guessing but that was based upon no real evidence. The next episode is called the battle of the bastards and virtually the entire episode will supposedly be taken up by the battle between Jon Snow's Wildling Army and the Bolton's Army. Many are guessing Little Finger might lead the Vale's Army to the rescue despite Sansa telling him he is her enemy.
                              I actually was surprised that Sansa didn't reconsider yet and call upon the Vales armies.
                              After all she knows all too well, that her forces are lacking manpower in order to actually have a good chance against the Boltons ... and she surely is well aware that Baelish/the Vale would come to her aid if she calls for support

Comment

That is what some people were guessing but that was based upon no real evidence. The next episode is called the battle of the bastards and virtually the entire episode will supposedly be taken up by the battle between Jon Snow's Wildling Army and the Bolton's Army. Many are guessing Little Finger might lead the Vale's Army to the rescue despite Sansa telling him he is her enemy.
                                I want Gendry to turn up and claim the throne and challenge Tommen in a battle of the bastards.
                                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X