No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The battle itself played out as I expected, but it was perhaps the greatest TV battle scene ever. The only two TV competitors I can currently think of would be either one of the battle scenes from Band of Brothers or the Pacific. The whole Rickon mind **** at the begining was a great way to draw in the Stark forces. I had a feeling it would be Littlefinger leads the Vale Cavalry in right at the last moment.

Comment

• Spoiler:
      I feel like the show writers wasted the character Ricon without him ever even doing anything. The last of the giants are dead and the Aerie saves the day while Ramsey got feed to his own hounds. The only male Stark left is the cripple Bran left with his undead uncle and Mira Reed north of the wall. On the upside Theon and his sister have made a pack with perky tits and with the captured slaver's ships she now has both an army and the ships to transport them.

I'd say they are set up for the final season with the north back in Stark hands and perky tits on her way.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Last night I learned that Yara (Asha) has a terrific ass.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Funny, I know the exact shot that you're thinking of. I thought the same thing.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• And I liked the one reviewer that was disappointed that Varys was on his secret mission. Otherwise we could have had the Theon-Varys-Grey Worm superhero group. (the EX-Men)
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
              Last night I learned that Yara (Asha) has a terrific ass.
              Yup. That was an immensely satisfying (if predictable) episode, and not just because of the aforementioned learning.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Yeah, it would have been nice if it hadn't been SOOOOOOOOOO predictable. The only suspense was how they would finish off ramsay.
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• At least there was some freaking action.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• The next episode is called the winds of winter so I am guessing the cliff hanger will be the wall finally falls. We know Bran is marked and that some how breaks the magic which kept the others out of the children's home. Does that mean if he passes the wall its magic will stop working as well? I suspect that will be the big cliff hanger.

Comment

• A lot of dumb writing but some incredible directing that soared over all of the stupid with big ****-you wings.

I think that the source of a lot of the dumb is that the writers are desperately trying to yank the plot back to its book course and are clumsily trying to undo a lot of their deviations.

For example I really really doubt that both Stannis AND Jon will march on Winterfell in the books, I think Jon's whole plot line this season is basically a redo of Stannis last season to try to get the plot back on course. Well, we'll see when TWoW comes out.
                      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• I agree that it looks like the show writers realized they ****ed up badly in season five by going so far off of the book plot line so now they are belatedly trying to fix things. You are right that D&D just don't seem to have the nack for writing dialogue which GRRM has so the quality of the writing has gone down as the show writers have to flesh out a basic plotline on their own without the benefit of having the book pre-written for them.

Comment

• so Ramsey shoots the giant instead of Jon Snow?

what nonsense

Comment

• YOU WANT TO FIGHT ME? **** YOU! HORSE IN THE FACE!
                            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• The actor who played Rickon, Art Parkinson, heard the criticism, and joked about it on Twitter, tweeting, “Had a good run #shouldazigzagged.”

Comment

• Yes, all of America was screaming it.
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X