A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHAME SHAME SHAME
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• It only took 1 h 7 m to
      Spoiler:
      kill grand maester pycelle, Kevin Lannister, his son Lancel Lannister, all the Tyrels except the queen of thorns, the high sparrow, all the septons and septas in Kingslanding, all the sparrows in Kingslanding, Tommen, get Jon Snow nominated as king in the north, reveal R+L=J, have Cersei crown herself queen, have Dany finally begin her journey to Westeros, have Varys make a pact between perky tits, dorne, and the reach, get Bran back to the wall and have his undead uncle remind everyone about the magic in the wall. Oh, and have little finger propose marriage to Sansa and have Sansa reject him. A full episode.

Oh, and I forgot Cersei torturing the septa who tortured her.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Oh, and I totally forgot about Walder Frey and his two main heirs. Arya even shows she did learn a thing or two from the faceless men.

Comment

• She's getting that evil smile down pat. We really need a reunion with the hound.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
            People keep mentioning this, but I don't know how it happens without Bran being even more of an idiot than we've already seen him be.
            There are no limits to his idiocy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
              Given how quickly Varys was able to move back and forth across the Narrow Sea, I think this confirms the Varys is a merman theory.
              He borrowed Littlefinger's Magic Horse, I think.

Comment

• A lot of boobed rulers now ... Queen Cersei, Lady Olenna, the Sandsnakes, Lady Lyanna Mormont, Great-Admiral Yara and, of course, our beloved queen Dany
                I was surprised that the north didn't get a queen as well ... after all Sansa has much more ruler qualities than Jon ... but I guess it was all planned by Sansa, to make Jon king, in order to anger Baelish

On the other hand, because of R+L=J, Jon seems to be not only the perfect king of the north, but also the perfect husband for Dany (and coregent on the iron throne)

So, in the end it seems to be Dorne+Highgarden+Dany (perhapt + the north) against Queen Cersei
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Jaime just saw his last kid die. I wonder if he will turn against Cersei in the end.
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
                    Jaime just saw his last kid die. I wonder if he will turn against Cersei in the end.
                    At least he and Cersei may still be young enough to have a chance on additional kids (and heirs to the throne)

Poor Olenna however has no such luck ... her son and grandchildren were incinerated by the wildfire in the Septa ...
                    and whether her daughter-in-law still is alive we don't know (AFAIK we never have seen here in the series ... so she may be dead).
                    So, it seems like Olenna will be the last Tyrell
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• I gotta say, poor Loras.
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                        At least he and Cersei may still be young enough to have a chance on additional kids (and heirs to the throne)

Poor Olenna however has no such luck ... her son and grandchildren were incinerated by the wildfire in the Septa ...
                        and whether her daughter-in-law still is alive we don't know (AFAIK we never have seen here in the series ... so she may be dead).
                        So, it seems like Olenna will be the last Tyrell
                        With any family that is 1000 years old or more I am sure some sort of cadet branch could be found.

Loras did get a raw deal though. He debased himself and got mutilated for kissing ass to a sect that all got burned up. In the books the faith militant are all over the countryside causing problems for the lords so really I think we wpuld see a peasant uprising against Cersei.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
                          There are no limits to his idiocy.
                          He is like 11 right now im the books so cut the kid a little slack.

Comment

• I have absolutely no idea why Old Beardy got stabbed. Any suggestions?

Was there actually a reason in the plot for it, or were they just trimming the budget?
                            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• And I have absolutely no idea what Anne Boleyn's sneaky plot some episodes back, which involved slipping that note to Gran, was all about either. I suspect it was unsuccessful though.
                              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                                I have absolutely no idea why Old Beardy got stabbed. Any suggestions?

Was there actually a reason in the plot for it, or were they just trimming the budget?
                                "You cannot create something new without getting rid of the old"

I think it was Qyburn who said it, when he killed Maester Pycelle.

But to give you an answer that fits even better:

There was no person who was a bigger self-serving schemer in the remaining court of Cersei.
                                A person she definitely couldn't trust.

It is no surprise that she would want to get rid of him

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                                And I have absolutely no idea what Anne Boleyn's sneaky plot some episodes back, which involved slipping that note to Gran, was all about either. I suspect it was unsuccessful though.
                                She wanted to show Olenna that her conversion was just fake.
                                And, from the things she said in the Sept of Baelor, it was obvious that she had made a deal with the high sparrow, that her brother wouldn't be harmed ...
                                so, it seems like that was the reason ... i.e. to get her brother unharmed through the trial

Comment

Working...
                                X