No announcement yet.

I'm puzzled by the random little things about women

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be clear, I'm not interested in this woman. This is in no way asking for romantic advice or anything.

I'm just asking from a purely platonic prospective, why this random woman who I don't really know well beyond small-talk and who I haven't seen/spoken to in probably over 2 years apparently went to my profile to like a random old status that asked how I was doing (so it's not like a liking of a content-based post, or something), then when I talked to her, she seemed disinterested?

What would make a woman just decide to do that?

The fact that you are all jumping to romantic stuff is telling... because we as men assume she had to do this for a reason. She had to have some ulterior motive. And it could be construed as an expression of interest. It would make sense.

But her disinterest in the conversation 20 minutes after she apparently went on my profile says this isn't so. So what else could it have been?

If it was genuinely platonic just friendly interest in someone's well-being, that's fine, as well, but I would have expected a bit more in the convo.

I brought up right away, as you noticed in the chat transcript, the fact that she posted on my wall and she just said 'haha'

What is the haha about? What is behind the haha?

It's these little things that throw me off and make women impossible for me to deal with, even in a purely PLATONIC context.
    Last edited by Al B. Sure!; March 26, 2011, 18:57.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

1) Why do you really care?
      2) There is probably some trivial explanation
      3) Why do you really care?
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

me: hey ***** (name)
        her: heyy
        how are you?
        me: good
        her: good good
        me: yeah you posted on my wall so i was like havent talked to her in a minute
        how you doing?
        her: haha
        pretty tired just got back from the gym w my cousin
        exhausteddd
        me: temple gym or another gym?
        her: **** (name of her gym)
        me: oh yeah is that the place where you were doing the yoga at?
        her: yah!!!
        me: yeah I remember. I never did go there for that yoga class. I'm bad lol
        so anything new with you? just school and what not?
        That's boring. Tell her she has a nice ass dumbass

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
          It's these little things that throw me off and make women impossible for me to deal with, even in a purely PLATONIC context.
          Ignore the little things and don't read into them. Ever. You'll be happier for it and be closer to becoming a well adjusted individual.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
            1) Why do you really care?
            2) There is probably some trivial explanation
            3) Why do you really care?
            Because I have a fundamental inability to deal with women in any capacity.

Understanding these small things provides me knowledge that could allow me to improve in all interactions with women, whether romantic, friendly, or professional.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

You will never understand the small things. Don't try. Just stop worrying and learn to love the bomb.

Comment

then when I talked to her, she seemed disinterested?

Exhibit "A"

Exhibit "B"

Listen to Dr. Sweetstuffsweety for once.

Exhibit A demonstrates a kitten with an interest in wool thread. Notice the kitten's concentration re the wool.

In Exhibit B we find a kitten who has successfully gotten hold of a ball of wool. As you can see in the animal's centre of attention, little attention is being devoted to the actual ball of wool now that it is in kitten's possession.

Homework: Why is kitten less interested in wool now that it is in kitten's possession?

Comment

btw i wouldn't be interested in this ladette. she seems to be a self-centred attention-whore.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoetstofzoetje View Post
                    btw i wouldn't be interested in this ladette. she seems to be a self-centred attention-whore.
                    at how you got all that from next to nothing but okay... and I'm not interested in her romantically. I'm only interested in the workings of the female mind.

Comment

I'm only interested in the workings of the female mind.
                      Don't bother - men has tried to figure that out since the first glimse of intelligence in humankind without luck
                      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

at how you got all that from next to nothing but okay... and I'm not interested in her romantically. I'm only interested in the workings of the female mind.
                        Female mind needs compliments. If you can't get that through your thick skull you're hopeless

Comment

compliments? hell no, make em feel worthless, then they feel the need to prove their worth to you

Comment

Originally posted by Kitschum View Post
                            Female mind needs compliments. If you can't get that through your thick skull you're hopeless
                            Al apparently lives in a Philly hood where you are dead if you do such things
                            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Zoetstofzoetje View Post
                              compliments? hell no, make em feel worthless, then they feel the need to prove their worth to you
                              lol dumbass no. 2, you clearly have no experience with women. I didn't say give compliments constantly but she needs to know you're interested somehow

Comment

i'm glad you found your partner for life in bible class, kitschum. i'm sure she's interested in foucault and stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X