I'm puzzled by the random little things about women

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm puzzled by the random little things about women

This is not like some of my other posts which were more along the lines of "What the **** is wrong with this girl?" mind****s This is just a small thing but I'm puzzled. Yeah, it's nothing, but bear with me, it's the small things that I think are the real, often irreconcilable, differences between men and women that ****s my game up.

So some girl I used to work with posts on my facebook wall asking me how I've been doing. Another woman who I don't really know like that, more like an acquaintance and whom I haven't seen/talked to in at least 2 years, 'likes' that status (the question by the other girl). Now I checked, we're not mutual friends with the first girl so I'm pretty positive she would have had to go on my profile, go through my wall, read that post, and 'liked' it. It wouldn't have just randomly come up on her newsfeed (and the post was a week old). But why?

So since she was on, I chatted with her a little bit but she seemed disinterested in the very brief conversation (one word answers, long pauses between answers). Well, here's the convo...

me: hey ***** (name)
    her: heyy
    how are you?
    me: good
    her: good good
    me: yeah you posted on my wall so i was like havent talked to her in a minute
    how you doing?
    her: haha
    pretty tired just got back from the gym w my cousin
    exhausteddd
    me: temple gym or another gym?
    her: **** (name of her gym)
    me: oh yeah is that the place where you were doing the yoga at?
    her: yah!!!
    me: yeah I remember. I never did go there for that yoga class. I'm bad lol
    so anything new with you? just school and what not?

then she didn't respond for like 15 minutes so I got off.

To be clear, I am not interested in her nor did I think she was interested in me or anything like that. This is not a romantic huh? thing.

This is just me trying to make sense of why this random woman who I don't really know well beyond small-talk and who I haven't seen/spoken to in probably over 2 years apparently went to my profile to like a random old status that asked how I was doing (so it's not like a liking of a content-based post, or something), then when I talked to her, she seemed disinterested?

Can anyone explain?

Thanks
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

I didn't realise you had a friend called B!tch...
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Oh yeah, some women are like that...she probably just has really bad social skills coupled with shyness. She probably wants to bonk your brains out.
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

see this is why I post this on Apolyton... so somewhere in about 30 smart ass comments there will be one nugget of truth in the middle from someone who isn't a jackass... and that will illuminate everything for my better understanding.
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Gratitude

That's what I reckon. But this is the problem with women who behave like this. You never found out about their interest until long after the event.
          Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
            Oh yeah, some women are like that...she probably just has really bad social skills coupled with shyness. She probably wants to bonk your brains out.
            I've seen her pictures and I get her party promotion events on my newsfeed so yeah this woman is definitely not shy or lacking in social skills. She seems to be a club hopper.

That's not to say I took your post seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
              Gratitude

That's what I reckon. But this is the problem with women who behave like this. You never found out about their interest until long after the event.
              You did NOT provide the nugget of truth from someone who isn't a jackass.

I took your post as usual smart-assery.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                I've seen her pictures and I get her party promotion events on my newsfeed so yeah this woman is definitely not shy or lacking in social skills. She seems to be a club hopper.

That's not to say I took your post seriously.
                sounds like casual non-interested talk. ignore her. it's the only way to reach her.

Comment

Ignore z-guy's advice. Kill a puppy and leave it on her doorstep. That's how she'll know you care.
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I've got an idea: instead of sitting around worrying about this kind of nonsense, how about you ****ing get off your ass and get a job?

Or, you know, you could ****ing do NOTHING with yourself until ****ing October. How ****ing long has it been, albie? Are you on a vacation from the rest of your life or something? Does it feel comfortable to offload responsibility for yourself to an organization that's rejected you twice?
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Maybe Albert should try men. He might be able to understand them

Comment

She probably didn't answer since she was busy with her cousin
                        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

If Albert had a sugar daddy he wouldn't need to work

Comment

That is most helpful suggestion yet.
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

the not interested thing works well albie. let me you a story. a buddy of mine and i used to use this fact (before i was with the current g/f). it started out as a joke but such was our success that it became a plan. essentially we would go out, go and start talking to pretty girls, but tell them directly that we weren't interested in hooking up with them. sometimes they'd take us at our word and we'd just have a nice chat and that was that, but very often, the knowledge that they 'couldn't' have us drove them wild and they'd keep hanging around, talking, trying it on every so often until eventually, we would 'give in' and 'reluctantly' take them back for a good old seeing to.

brasilian girls
                              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Working...
                              X