No announcement yet.

Cameron's Big Society

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every developed country has a high school graduation rate of 65%? That's an amazing coincidence!
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
      Generally non-profits can accomplish more good for less money than government agencies.
      Sure and volunteer armies are stronger than professional armies.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

If someone doesn't graduate from high school, it has a lot more to do with bad parenting than with the school itself.

Comment

Every developed country has a high school graduation rate of 65%? That's an amazing coincidence!
          15 percent of the total students in the US are educated outside of the public system.

As the overall graduation rate is 65 percent, that means that the public schools are only graduating half of their students.

That's disgusting.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

If someone doesn't graduate from high school, it has a lot more to do with bad parenting than with the school itself.
            Right, because the schools cannot fail.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

I feel like there is a block of stupidity around Ben's head preventing him from seeing the phrase "developed country" (hint: there are more than just the US!) in my posts.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

All I'm asking is if you think the public education system in the US is good. Yes or no?

Comment

As a whole? Yes it is good. I thought my public education was very good indeed.

Comment

The public education system is failing miserably. Let's not put our head in the sand.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                      The public education system is failing miserably. Let's not put our head in the sand.
                      Im pretty sure its all Camerons fault too
                      Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Also, the graduation rate means nothing. Kids are graduating that can't read and can't think.

Comment

As a whole? Yes it is good. I thought my public education was very good indeed.
                          I think as a whole, it stinks. You're an exception to the rule. I don't think a 50 percent graduation rate is at all acceptable for public schools.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                            15 percent of the total students in the US are educated outside of the public system.

As the overall graduation rate is 65 percent, that means that the public schools are only graduating half of their students.

That's disgusting.
                            Obviously your schooling is deficient as your math sucks horribly.

Comment

Obviously your schooling is deficient as your math sucks horribly.
                              So I compliment you, and you make it personal?

Awesome argument. I give you 5 stars.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post

That's disgusting.
                                Where are you getting this overall graduation rate? I'm pretty sure the graduation rate for public high schools in the US is around 65%.

Also, if you take 65% to be the graduation rate for all forms of education and make the BS assumption that the 15% outside public schools always graduate you don't get a public high school graduation rate of 50%.

Comment

Working...
                                X