So why don't atheists proselytize?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
    You can't force someone to believe something. You can only force them to pretend to believe something, what's the point of that?
    For a modern reference ask the government of China.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

If you can't apply reason and science then it's not even an arena worthy of discussion.
      Then why are you discussing it?
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I am unreasonable.

Supernatural and non-existent are synonymous.
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
          And (I've said this before too) if "God Helmets" disprove God in any way, my ability to masturbate makes the existence of women highly suspect.
          ???

The natural urge to remove old seemen from your body in fact increases the chance of having children with said women.
          "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
            I never worried less and enjoyed my life more than since I became a Christian.
            Then you are not doing it right
            "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

I am unreasonable.

Supernatural and non-existent are synonymous.
              That certainly is an unreasonable position.
              ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
              ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

If you can't apply reason and science then it's not even an arena worthy of discussion.
                Economic discussions have some merit nevertheless.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris View Post

That isn't really atheism. It's more like Pragmatic Agnosticism.
                  The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Or Asthmatic Prognathism

Comment

I love it how no one is 'really' an atheist. Athiests are rarer than true scotsmen.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                        i remember reading about that poster. my favourite part of the article was where they talked about a spilt (a schism, if you will) between those wanted "there is no God" and those who wanted it in the form that eventually appeared.
                        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis View Post
                          ???

The natural urge to remove old seemen from your body in fact increases the chance of having children with said women.
                          I think you misunderstood the analogy there. The "God Helmet" phenomenon (using magnets to provoke a supposed religious experience) is often used to question the truth of religion, by showing that the whole thing is a state of mind (it was implied somewhere in this thread, not going to bother looking up who again). My counterargument here is that the ability to artificially stimulate a reaction says nothing about it except that you can artificially stimulate it.

And now that I've overexplained it, the analogy is dead. Maybe that was your sinister plan?
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                            Economic discussions have some merit nevertheless.
                            Not on Apolyton they don't.
                            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                            X