No announcement yet.

Stripper ettiquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Both allowances together add up to ~3k per month for a senior officer.

Seriously, the top pay of the military is a joke.

What are there, like 2-3 dozen O-10s in the US military? Can't they afford to pay them enough that their children don't have to eat the bodies of vanquished enemies?

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• There are 40 O-10's currently according to Wikipedia.

Senators make $165K/year. Generals make a bit more than that.

Also, you have to add in the present value of the pension to the total compensation package. Every general has done 20 years and is getting a pension.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Senators get to make tens of millions in bribes for pork though.

I guess the equivalent is bribes for military procurement for Generals? And a share in the money their troops rob from corpses.
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

• Krazyhorse, I appreciate your concern but I'm set on serving my country. There are more important things in this world than money and the military will provide me with more than enough for my frugal lifestyle. I just know that I would be unfulfilled staring at bond markets all day like my friends who have jobs at the big investment banks. I want, at least for a few years, to feel like I make a difference.

Though considering my age, I am considering going the reserve route so that I could have a chance at starting grad school before I'm 30. Maybe I could use this time to study for the GMAT or the LSAT and see how I do. Scores expire after 5 years though so that would be cutting it close if I go Active Duty and not reserves... although, going reserves I will have a tougher time scrounging up tuition than if I went AD.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• You know, yesterday my friend who is studying for the GMAT wanted me to help her out. The verbal section is a complete joke. Between the sample questions and the practice test, I had only one wrong in the verbal sections. I'd have to brush up on the math, though, especially data sufficiency.

I think I could do very well on the GMAT (and the LSAT too assuming it is similar to the GMAT). Math is going to be a problem for me. Some of you, such as KH and Kuci, might think I'm retarded but I'm not. I had a 730 verbal on my SATs out of high school on the old tests which is pretty damn good (I think it was 95-98th percentile). Math has always been my weakness, despite having been a Finance/Econ guy in college.

I think a 750 GMAT is definitely doable if I learn math. My high school and college education has for the most part failed me with regards to math. Getting a perfect score on the verbal is definitely doable for me though, if those sample questions in the prep book are any indication of the real test.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
              Any thoughts on the resume, Jon? The formatting got a little screwed putting up here. I've sometimes applied with and other times without the Marine Corps thing because I'm not sure if it helps or hurts me. At the very least, it explains away gaps in employment.

EDUCATION:
              TEMPLE UNIVERSITY, Fox School of Business, Philadelphia, PA
              Bachelor of Business Administration, magna *** laude
              Major: Finance Minor: Economics
              GPA: 3.66, Dean’s List: Fall ’03-Spring ’04, Fall ’05-Fall ’07
              2nd Place, Temple University Business Policy Competition, class of 2008
              Member, Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society

OFFICER CANDIDATE SCHOOL, United States Marine Corps
              Attended OCC-199 (Oct.-Nov. 2008) and OCC-203 (Jan.-Mar. 2010)
              Trained to serve as a company grade officer in the Marine Corps
              Physically, mentally, and emotionally tested leadership ability and potential in adverse situations and conditions
              Injuries prematurely ended training

EXPERIENCE: Sodexo, Philadelphia, PA August 2006 - December 2009
              Supervisor, Sodexo Campus Dining Services at Temple University
              • Shift-responsible supervisor at campus food court serving a 30,000 student population and generating annual sales of over $12 million.
              • Oversaw 12 concepts, including 3 national brands, ensuring operational compliance with franchisor directives.
              • Managed 120 union employees.

Wachovia, Philadelphia, PA March 2008 - October 2008
              Lockbox Data Entry Associate
              • Batched and processed customers’ payments for Wachovia’s commercial clients.
              • Ensured data entry accuracy, payment legitimacy, and fulfillment of client requirements in a deadline production environment.
              • Received numerous commendations and bonuses for accuracy and speed.

Checkers Drive-Thru Restaurant December 2004 - November 2007
              Manager
              • Monitored the floor, reconciled cash deposits, maintained inventory including ordering and counts, recruited, hired, trained and scheduled employees, and maintained sales, payroll, inventory, and human resource records at a quick-serve restaurant with annual sales in excess of $1 million.
              • Regularly maintained labor costs lower than 15% of sales through scheduling, hiring, and my direct involvement in food production.
              • Managed at four different locations in Philadelphia.
              this is one of my most favorite Albert-Poastsâ„¢
              Order of the Fly
              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Working...
              X