What is it with Catholic Priests?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    From where I sit, Gallup is required not to show Obama as over 50 percent disapproval. That sword cuts both ways.
    It's not just Gallup that disagrees with you. Even Fox News polls consistently have Obama at less than 50% disapproval.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
      Come on, Ben. There is NO transparency in fund usage to parishioners in Catholic churches. None. Go ahead, ask your pastor his annual income, and for a balance sheet with pie chart of how all the collections are spent. Give me a break, you pathetic troll.

Why don't you go back to studying Newsmax for instructions from Rupert Murdoch on your next opinion?
      My parish publishes their information every year. So... give me a break you pathetic troll.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
        See, this is why it's better to tax consumption than earnings [/kuci|KH]
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Rasmussen has had Obama underwater for at least a year now. This isn't a new trend.
          So to you that strengthens the case of Rasmussen's legitimacy and not having a bias? Here on Earth, if a poll had Obama down consistently while every body else is mixed, the Human assumption would be that there is probably some bias going on at Rasmussen.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

So to you that strengthens the case of Rasmussen's legitimacy and not having a bias? Here on Earth, if a poll had Obama down consistently while every body else is mixed, the Human assumption would be that there is probably some bias going on at Rasmussen
            The fact that Rasmussen polls likely voters explains the systematic difference between their polling method and other polls which rely on Adults only. It also, coincidentally, explains why I believe their polls are more reliable in assessing the support of Obama among voters.

Whudathunk? If you want to know what voters think, you should poll voters.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

The fact that Rasmussen polls likely voters explains the systematic difference between their polling method and other polls which rely on Adults only. It also, coincidentally, explains why I believe their polls are more reliable in assessing the support of Obama among voters.

Whudathunk? If you want to know what voters think, you should poll voters.
              FiveThirtyEight uses statistical analysis - hard numbers - to tell compelling stories about elections, politics and American society.

The bottom line is this: the sample included in Rasmussen's polling is increasingly out of balance with that observed by almost all other pollsters. This appears to create a substantial house effect, irrespective of whether Rasmussen subsequently applies a likely voter screen.

Comment

Wow. I'm surprised you all let BK lure you away from an opportunity to rail against the RCC. I'm sure that'll change once Ming or Rah joins in, though.
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                  Yep, Rasmussen is skewed to the right.
                  Rasmussen has a likely voter model, and since republicans vote more consistently than democrats, it will pretty much always be skewed to the right of average public opinion, but people who are too lazy to vote don't matter.
                  If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                  ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Way to miss the point. Rasmussen, as far as I can tell, thinks a person can only approve or disapprove, which is BS. They get roughly the same approval rating as the other polls, but assume everyone who doesn't approve must disapprove, while other pollsters allow people to go on the record as neutral. Rasmussen takes the neutral respondents and arbitrarily puts them into the disapproval category to make Obama look bad. I could be wrong though.
                    This is untrue. Rasmussen has a no opinion option, as well as strongly approve or strongly disapprove.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                      Wow. I'm surprised you all let BK lure you away from an opportunity to rail against the RCC. I'm sure that'll change once Ming or Rah joins in, though.

Comment

It's not just Gallup that disagrees with you. Even Fox News polls consistently have Obama at less than 50% disapproval.
                        But a plurality disapprove. More disapprove than approve, with a decent number undecided, from what I can tell.

Comment

I take back the "pathetic" as an adjective for "troll," as Ben has successfully jacked another thread. Amazing, since he was so obvious about it.

Let's get back to discussing the immorality of priests.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                            Rasmussen has a likely voter model, and since republicans vote more consistently than democrats, it will pretty much always be skewed to the right of average public opinion, but people who are too lazy to vote don't matter.
                            If the charts above are accurate then they demonstrate that both Rasmussen's registered voter model as well as their likely voter model are at the extreme end of the spectrum of major pollsters. Without further input it is, of course, impossible to decide whose model best fits reality, but that should be enough for people to keep an eye on Rasmussen's results as suspect.
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I take back the "pathetic" as an adjective for "troll," as Ben has successfully jacked another thread. Amazing, since he was so obvious about it.

it's because discussing political polls is ACTUALLY more interesting than another Asher RCC bashing thread, which is kind of old news now.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                                If the charts above are accurate then they demonstrate that both Rasmussen's registered voter model as well as their likely voter model are at the extreme end of the spectrum of major pollsters. Without further input it is, of course, impossible to decide whose model best fits reality, but that should be enough for people to keep an eye on Rasmussen's results as suspect.
                                Yes obviously but what I was saying was that it probably is a function of their model and not because they're trying to convince everyone to vote republican with argumentum ad populam.

Comment

Working...
                                X